1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us
  1. magwal46

magwal46 New Member

I have no idea if what I am doing is correct. Need all the help I can get.
    My wife and I re upgrading verizon service to a droid.
    Remaining with Verizon due to superior coverage.
    f not for that would probably go'I" phone.
    We are 60 yrs old and need the phone fr web, email, and other apps I can't recall now.
    Teathering to computer is very important as well.
    Visited V store today pretty set on Motorola, the guy recommended the HTC cause it will do "flash player" is lighter too. I don't see Mot keyboard as a big advantage, is it?
    The guy said both will soon have 2.1 operating systems.
    Please, your input will be appreciated
    thanx walt
    also don't know what they mean by taqgs
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Right now VZW has no tethering program for any of their Android phones. I wont get into the ToS stuff regarding tethering, because it's been discussed before at great great length.

The Flash thing is BS. None of the phones have Flash yet.

Yes, 2.1 will drop for the Droid sometime soon, we're all waiting with baited breath.

Any Android phone will serve you well for your needs, figure out which one you like the most and go with that one. I personally really like the keyboard.

Cheers.
  3. artc33

artc33 New Member

first of all, welcome.

i don't know much about the HTC but what you mentioned. when i got the droid my wife was there with me, "for moral support" she called it, she said it would be better to get the htc because it was cheaper. i didn't like the fact that it didn't have a physical keyboard and because i work in construction it would probably break really easy.
    so i played with the droid for about an hour and that was enough to make me get it.
    some of the things that i love about it are:

-internet in the palm of my hand
    -awesome music player, and the fact that i could listen to pandora.com all day long.
    -turn by turn gps directions, there's a lot more to know about google gps maps though.
    -watching videos on my hand, awesome!
    -finding places i love.
    -calculator, flashlight, calendar, notepads, reminders... so much to list.
    -one of the biggest things i love is being able to use my mp3's as contacts ringtones.
    -copy address from a text message and paste to gps... sooooooo cool.

is like a little assistant at the palm of your hand, if this doesn'r sell you a droid, i don't know what it is.
  4. artc33

artc33 New Member

couple of things i left out...

if you are someone that e-mails a lot, you can set different e-mail accounts and set them so it tells you that you have e-mails in all of them. also, i am using the tethering on my droid for my computers when i don't get internet signal.
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome Walt! I'm a former iPhone user. I switched because of AT&T's lousy coverage.
    The Droid is an awesome device. It will handle your email, web needs, and tether to your computer.

BTW I'm over 60 and the younger members of this forum have taught me so much.

Mike
  6. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Welcome, Walt! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid if you decide it's the right one for you! The possibilities for customization are endless!

Age is only a number - these things are fun for all ages! Besides, you have 30 days to return it if you hate it, right?

:welcome: