walmart prices

DavesPPC

Reaction score
They typically have a mock display that is made of plastic....for display only...to avoid chance of theft....fyi

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

selex

Reaction score
When I was at Walmart the other day I they had the plastic display model out. The one with no working screen and a plastic shell. Its the same one the Verizon Wireless store had so you could hold it, drop it, and shove it in your pocket to see if you like the size before you bought the model. Where the actually models were tethered to the display at the Verizon store.

But for $88 I did not see. It was $199 with the 2 yr contract like it was at Verizon.

Selex

Allnicksgone

Reaction score
Walmart does sell some seemingly identical products as other retailers for a lower price, when in fact the item is of lesser quaility. The manufacture may use cheaper materials in order to keep costs down.

I don't know if they do this with phones. The Walmart version of a product can usually be differentiated by the part number. There is usually a letter different than the higher quality product. I believe the normal part number for the Droid X is DROIDXVZW. If the phone at Walmart has the same part number, it should be the same as getting it any where else.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Walmart does sell some seemingly identical products as other retailers for a lower price, when in fact the item is of lesser quaility. The manufacture may use cheaper materials in order to keep costs down.

I don't know if they do this with phones. The Walmart version of a product can usually be differentiated by the part number. There is usually a letter different than the higher quality product. I believe the normal part number for the Droid X is DROIDXVZW. If the phone at Walmart has the same part number, it should be the same as getting it any where else.

The Droid X SKU is MOTMB810 actually..

lowboy

Reaction score
I checked today. The phone they sell is same quality phone Verizon sells and comes from the same distributor.