Walmart has the bionic for $199

mjones73

Reaction score
3rd party vendors can add additional stipulations to the contract. Some that require a certain level of plan also have a stipulation that if you change it within a certain amount of time you get penalized, some have additional EFT for early cancellation, etc..

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Yeah now I'm worried!

I have not read their specific terms, but I believe they may be similar to wirefly's terms where if you change your plan within a specified timeframe from the one you chose during checkout, they can charge you an additional fee.

Edit: mjones73 beat me to it.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Just walked through most of the "order" steps. I dunno. Being grandfather'd in to the Unlimited Data package; it looks pretty scary to change things up. It's one thing to do it right through Verizon but another to do it through a licensed retailer. I have to say though.... messed up how it's so cheap while others are charging top dollar... is it 299.99 or 199.99!? What should people truly be putting out for one!?

yiannis

Reaction score
Paid $219.99 at VZW with free o/n shipping.

I attached a screenshot that included my number and the info below and they honored it. Maybe it's because I said that if I had to choose between discounts I would buy at Amazonwireless where I did not have to pay tax. They did try to sell me a protective screen at 50% off, but I didn't use it with my Droid so I declined. I only got the extended warranty. The manager said it must be a software glitch, but that they regularly offer either the corporate discount OR the loyalty discount. One of their online associates said they would give me free o/n shipping so they put this one in as well. I have a screenshot of that too
smile.gif

Last edited:

jmilacek

Reaction score
I have not read their specific terms, but I believe they may be similar to wirefly's terms where if you change your plan within a specified timeframe from the one you chose during checkout, they can charge you an additional fee.

Edit: mjones73 beat me to it.

What I plan on doing:

Used line with a dumbphone to upgrade to Bionic. Once I get it, I will deactivate and transfer the phone to my line with a Droid Charge, then reactivate the dumbphone on the upgraded line.

Do you think this will cause problems?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a verizon rep and he said read the 3rd party contract carefully any changes to the contract will result in a huge charge (cancellation type) and thats why its a discount... they want you to get a plan at 59,99 or higher and keep it for 2 years.... for me not worth it.. ordered through verizon..... happy droiding

jmilacek

Reaction score
Paid $219.99 at VZW with free o/n shipping.

I attached a screenshot that included my number and the info below and they honored it. Maybe it's because I said that if I had to choose between discounts I would buy at Amazonwireless where I did not have to pay tax. They did try to sell me a protective screen at 50% off, but I didn't use it with my Droid so I declined. I only got the extended warranty. The manager said it must be a software glitch, but that they regularly offer either the corporate discount OR the loyalty discount. One of their online associates said they would give me free o/n shipping so they put this one in as well. I have a screenshot of that too
smile.gif

Did you get it for this price online...?

nikecar

Reaction score
False advertising. It says the price is $199, but when I get to checkout it is $219. Still the best price, but not AS good. I tried calling my local Wal-mart and the guy who works in the cell phone department had never heard of the Bionic. So... yeah. Lots of help there.

Taxes?

Anything specific you are referring to?
As other state, you have certain cancellation policies. Some are 6 months that you cannot deactivate service or get hit with a big ETF from them, plus Verizon. however, I think most of us are safe as we have no plans to cancel service anyways.

Spoke to a verizon rep and he said read the 3rd party contract carefully any changes to the contract will result in a huge charge (cancellation type) and thats why its a discount... they want you to get a plan at 59,99 or higher and keep it for 2 years.... for me not worth it.. ordered through verizon..... happy droiding
see above. i'd rather do a 3rd party vendor if I know I'm not leaving Red for that discount. I was about to get my DInc2 at a 3rd party vendor that had it for under $50, while VZW was selling it for $150. I contacted our corporate rep, who after confirming, matched that price, so I bought direct from VZW. I know I'm not leaving them, so a 3rd party's ETF doesn't scare me.

Another point is that if you don't like the phone, you have to return it to the 3rd party vendor if you don't want it, not VZW. You can still take it to VZW for warranty work, even if they say otherwise.

kylo77

Reaction score
The $219 is to keep the unlimited data plan. They would honor the $199 if you signed on for one of the new tiered data plans. Ordered mine, should get it tomorrow.

martytoo

Reaction score
Order from Wirefly and they'll send you to "Plan 9 from Outer Space". Obscure reference if you're under thirty, perhaps. I read reviews of them and will stay away.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
see above. i'd rather do a 3rd party vendor if I know I'm not leaving Red for that discount. I was about to get my DInc2 at a 3rd party vendor that had it for under $50, while VZW was selling it for $150. I contacted our corporate rep, who after confirming, matched that price, so I bought direct from VZW. I know I'm not leaving them, so a 3rd party's ETF doesn't scare me.

Another point is that if you don't like the phone, you have to return it to the 3rd party vendor if you don't want it, not VZW. You can still take it to VZW for warranty work, even if they say otherwise.

just giving people that were looking to alter plans a heads up.... id never leave verizon and i wouldnt have a reason to change my plan either... but it came up in conversation so just forwarding the convo

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
http://postimage.org/image/1kzrn8t5w/
Only if choose the 9.99 89.00 a month plan. But this may work long enough to get the phone then cancel the plan and then place on the plan I have already or maybe could trick walmart to thinking the phone is that price w/o a plan and then just get the phone. :O. What do you think?
http://postimage.org/image/1l0yn7u04/
aefe8345-f03a-c25f.jpg
aefe8345-f04c-5b9f.jpg

Tapatalk image upload sucks!

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED using DarkslideX but isn't Overclocked yet.

Last edited: