Wallpaper To Big

bcf0514

Reaction score
I searched but my problem is the opposite of others. I crop the picture to get the whole image in the box and it fits, now what if I want the image smaller in the middle? The Droid 2 seems to automatically enlarge the picture. Ive tried a 225x300 picture, 600x800, and 300x300 but all of them get huge on the main screen. What resolution would make the picuter small and centered (postage stamp sized) without exploding huge on me.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, what you want to do is put a wallpaper on, then add a picture to the wallpaper? Is that right?

If so, I don't know of a way to do that on the phone other than adding a picture frame from widgets. Or maybe using photoshop (or equivalent) on a pc first, then transfer it to the phone.

There again I don't have a D2 so ther might be a way I'm not aware of.

OP
B

bcf0514

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, No I want to use
42985-1.jpg

And have it small and centered like pictured. When ever Ive tried it, It is huge and only the centered part of the picture is displayed going over the screen on all 4 sides. Ive tried different sizes and using the crop but it's still to big.

rgn2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, No I want to use
42985-1.jpg

And have it small and centered like pictured. When ever Ive tried it, It is huge and only the centered part of the picture is displayed going over the screen on all 4 sides. Ive tried different sizes and using the crop but it's still to big.

Try the attached image. I added more black space. Images should be 960 X 854. When you choose wallpapers and then from gallery and then select the image. With the red box just zoom in a little and it should give you what you want.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to account for the other screens when sizing a wallpaper like this. The crop box includes the space for the additional screens (not just the main home screen).

Alternately, you can do something like use Launcher Pro and disable the wallpaper scrolling while sizing the wallpaper to center the image properly.