1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wallpaper ? sorry if it's a stupid one.

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by shedroid, Jan 18, 2012.

1. shedroid

shedroid New Member

I'm running Go Launcher on my TB and I was wondering is it possible to set a different background for each screen? I've wanted to do this way back when since I got my Evo..four phones later it is still the one thing I have never figured out.

Specifically I have certain backgrounds collected from various places, like backgrounds app, or photo I have taken. I use four screens and would be the happiest person ever if this is possible.

Thanks in advance for reading :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  2. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

You want something like this, https://market.android.com/details?id=org.tamanegi.wallpaper.multipicture

You'll have to disable wallpaper scroll in your launcher most likely. You may also have to format your walls to whatever your screen res is (not double), e.g., 720x1280 vs 1440x1280 for newer HD phones. The description says it's not compatible with Sense 3.0. Maybe there are other solutions.
  3. shedroid

shedroid New Member

Thank you for responding. I tried and it no work :+( very possible tho that it is operator error.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

I'd give it time to figure out why it doesn't work. This app may be the only way to do what you want. Experiment with the settings both in MultiPicture Live Wallpaper and Go Launcher. I hate to suggest this, but maybe switch to another launcher like ADW Ex and it will work? You could also try following up with the developer to see if they've tested with Go Launcher or would be willing to work with you? Possibly a future release will work, too.
  5. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

I just found "work around" settings for various phones, including HTC Sense. It's worth a shot I think.

I'm enjoying this app on my phone, since I create a lot of my own walls. It turns out, this app is also exactly what my wife's kindle needed as well to work around the stock lock screen changing it after every reboot.

Thanks for your question, I hope this app pans out for you. I didn't even know I wanted this.

Sent from my Tapatalk-using Droid
  6. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

BTW, disabling wallpaper scrolling in ADW disabled this app for me, so if you did so in Go Launcher, it may have prevented the app from working for you. The app does seem quirky to me. I've played with the settings and no matter what I set the 'Picture Change Interval' to, the walls change every time I the home screen is presented. Setting the change interval to 'none' makes no difference. It's possible this is a memory issue with my D1, in which the wall is reset when ADW or the app is reloaded into memory. Occasionally the app seems to be disabled entirely, again probably from being closed when low on memory. Sometimes I look at a wall just after it changed and it will change a 2nd time.

P.S. You can set a shortcut to MPLW settings on desktop or dock, at least with ADW. Otherwise, there is no way to modify settings without going through the change wallpaper dialog (5 taps: menu soft button > Wallpaper > Live wallpapers > MultiPicture Live Wallpaper > Settings...), which is annoying simply because I've been experimenting with the settings.
Search tags for this page

droid 4 wallpaper turn off scrolling wallpaper without apps

droid razr turn off wallpaper

droid razrm turn off wallpaper

go launcher multipicture live wallpaper

how do i keep wallpaper from scrolling bionic

how to stop wallpaper from scrolling on android
latest sorry wallpaper
razr m how to enable and disable wallpaper scrolling
setting wallpaper on droid is stupid
sorry get out wallpapers

sorry wallpapers.