1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wallpaper screen

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fcknfierce, Jun 28, 2011.

1. fcknfierce

fcknfierce New Member

2. shahm0nsterr

shahm0nsterr New Member

Surprisingly, square photos are best for use on Android phones
    This is because your wallpaper is stretched out over several homescreens, and you only see a part of your wallpaper on each screen.

Because of this, if you have a vertical picture like yours, you will be asked to crop it into a square type shape. You can change the size of the crop box when you set it as your wallpaper.
  3. fcknfierce

fcknfierce New Member

yes, i know. i want the whole photo to fit in the stretched square.
  4. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Oh, and maybe a "NSFW" disclaimer would've been nice for the pic. :icon_eek:
  5. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Aspect ratio is all wrong. You need to crop (not resize) the image. You'll have to decide what parts of the photo you're willing to lose. Any image editing app on your PC can easily crop the image.

Best you can do to retain the entire image (no cropping) is to expand the sides. You don't need another person to do this. Just about any image editing app on your PC can do this. Try Irfanview if you don't have anything.

Not exactly square. I don't recall the exact ratio of dimensions for my device but it's a rectangle.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
Search tags for this page

wollpapr