wallpaper changes itself

joshxdroid

Reaction score
My wife has a Droid 3 and every so often the wallpaper changes back to the original stock wallpaper. Anyone know a fix?

tpence2177

Reaction score
Is the wallpaper on the phone itself or her sd card?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
tpence2177 said:
Is the wallpaper on the phone itself or her sd card?

Ah! I never thought about that. It's probably on her sd. Thanks!

tpence2177

Reaction score
I had an envy 3 that wouldn't keep a wallpaper set that was on the sd card. I always had to move it to my phone. Haven't had any trouble with smart phone but it could be the problem. Hopefully it fixes it lol.

doogald

Reaction score
My wife has a Droid 3 and every so often the wallpaper changes back to the original stock wallpaper. Anyone know a fix?

Ugh. I hate this. Usually restarting the phone brings your custom wallpaper back. (Or you can just manually reset the wallpaper.) I believe that the stock launcher was closed in the background while running an app and it misses the custom wallpaper. (I've also seen this when quickly opening the keyboard and closing it again.) That said, it also has not happened to me in a long time.

Also, running a custom launcher, such as ADW, ADW EX, Go Launcher, etc., you should not see this problem.

dragonflies8888

Reaction score
I joined this forum specifically because I have the Droid Razr Maxx, and my wallpaper has been changing randomly, also ... hopefully this will fix it! Thanx!

tpence2177

Reaction score
Any luck guys? Finally got my wifes old droid 3 when she upgraded to a iphone 5. Way better than my gzone commando lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dragonflies8888

Reaction score
I was hoping this would be the fix for mine, but no luck. No matter what I do the wallpaper changes itself... Ahh well. I will just have to keep changing it back.... Thanks anyhow!

tpence2177

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I just got my wifes old DROID 3 a few days ago and that first day it changed like 3 times. but now for some reason it hasn't changed in a week. I did get the wallpaper from an app. Shouldn't make any difference though since it is save on my phone. I do think I set it through the app though instead of long pressing on the background though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

grnidkjun

Reaction score
mine does this periodically. i think there is something hogging the ram as i have noticed significant changes in speed to launnch or dial over the laast few months. i have rebooted, uninstalled any new items. the reason i think it is a ram hog interfering with my wallpaper is it will go to the stock droid.. and then the next time i unlock the phone, my wallpaper is back. i have uninstalled go launcher and its widgets and am back to stock launcher. that doesnt help. my phone is not rooted and has no major issues.. well slowness to dial, lets hope i never need 911.