Walked into water...

JasonMS316

Reaction score
So last week I was an idiot and walked into the ocean with my droid. Not gonna ask how to fix this because I know there's a million threads on what to do.

I've been leaving it in rice for a while and I'm pretty sure the battery is completely dead. When I plug the droid into the charger by itself, the little white light comes on perfectly fine and the light is solid blue on the droid.

Does anyone know what this means? Is it possible that I just have to replace the battery? Thanks.

Neupy

Reaction score
I feel your pain man. Last year on a cruise I hopped in the pool on the ship. Was in there for like an hour or more drinkin some cocktails. The water in those pools is just salt water sucked outta the ocean and filtered. My blackjack still has salt come outta it if I shake it lol. The phone was totally ruined Im pretty sure salt water is about the worst thing you can do to a phone. You COULD try a new battery it cant hurt.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So last week I was an idiot and walked into the ocean with my droid. Not gonna ask how to fix this because I know there's a million threads on what to do.

I've been leaving it in rice for a while and I'm pretty sure the battery is completely dead. When I plug the droid into the charger by itself, the little white light comes on perfectly fine and the light is solid blue on the droid.

Does anyone know what this means? Is it possible that I just have to replace the battery? Thanks.

You may have missed this thread.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

Rice tends to not help. The above thread should be required reading for everyone who plans on going swimming with their phone.

Even if the rice sucked all the water out...all the salt and minerals would be encrusted across everything inside.

I'd follow those directions and even contemplate taking the entire phone apart to soak and swish the parts around. Leaving the phone soaking while waiting for the tool to arrive works out time-wise.

Of course, if you have insurance, that works too. Good luck.

[video=youtube;dE81IaQHEHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE81IaQHEHc]YouTube - Motorola Droid A855 Take Apart & Repair Directions by DirectFix.com[/video]

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

:welcome: to the forum, sorry it's under such bad circumstances.

Please follow the link christim gave you. That's your best bet. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

OP
J

JasonMS316

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the replies. I realize that salt water is one of the worst things for a phone.

It's been almost two weeks since the incident and, like I said, I was able to add insurance to the phone so I'm not too concerned I was just wondering what the blue charging light meant.

When I originally tried to charge the phone without the battery the light wouldn't even come on. After letting it set in rice for a couple days the light became solid red but nothing happened.

Now, the light is solid blue and again nothing is happening but I'm wondering if the blue light is some kind of battery not present indicator and that my phone has "dried" off over time.

The phone was only in the water for about 30 seconds, if that.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When getting dunked in water it doesn't take long to get wet:)

With the water, minerals, etc the blue light could be a short and most likely is. If the phone doesn't power on it really doesn't matter if the light flashed from red to green to yellow and back again....it will never be a phone again :(

Glad to hear you've got insurance! Do you have your replacement phone yet?