Walkabout - Cute new puzzle game!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Game looks fun, I'll download it and let you know how it is.

OP
kam187

kam187

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm just short of 10,000 downloads on the Lite version. Cmon help me get there!! (And leave a rating and comment pls)

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
It works perfectly fine on my Thunderbolt. Fun little game. I love the look of the game. How was it working with the Corona SDK? I was thinking of using it to possibly make a game for my senior project.

solar

Reaction score
Its not really my type of game, but it looks really nice. I'm always glad to see developers creating new android:greendroid: games. I'll have to show my girlfriend this one. She likes them. Good luck!

OP
kam187

kam187

Reaction score
It works perfectly fine on my Thunderbolt. Fun little game. I love the look of the game. How was it working with the Corona SDK? I was thinking of using it to possibly make a game for my senior project.

Corona is really easy to work with. It uses lua, which was made for non developers. The only thing is that their android support isn't too great. They just dropped arm6 support and also os versions below 2.2 :/

I made a tutorial with a list of tricks etc that I learnt. If you look at section 7 there is an explanation about which corona versions have which problems, and how to support < 2.2 and arm6. This should give you an idea of how much of a mess it is!

Corona Tips

If you want to only target Android there are better options - check out andengine. If you want to target iOS its perfect. If you want to target both, then its still the best option but only by a slim margin. Just stick to the versions I listed in my doc.

Its not really my type of game, but it looks really nice. I'm always glad to see developers creating new android:greendroid: games. I'll have to show my girlfriend this one. She likes them. Good luck!

Cool :) I hope she likes it!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

Corona is really easy to work with. It uses lua, which was made for non developers. The only thing is that their android support isn't too great. They just dropped arm6 support and also os versions below 2.2 :/

I made a tutorial with a list of tricks etc that I learnt. If you look at section 7 there is an explanation about which corona versions have which problems, and how to support < 2.2 and arm6. This should give you an idea of how much of a mess it is!

Corona Tips

If you want to only target Android there are better options - check out andengine. If you want to target iOS its perfect. If you want to target both, then its still the best option but only by a slim margin. Just stick to the versions I listed in my doc.
Wow thank you for the link Kam! That's a really nice tutorial you made there. Will definitely be helpful. Originally I only had android in mind, but the more I think about it, having it on both android and iOS would be nice too, so I might go that route.

But first I need to think of what kind of game I should make. Creativity is probably my biggest enemy right now, lol.

OP
kam187

kam187

Reaction score
Thanks for all the support! Walkabout crossed the 10k downloads mark, and is on its way to the 15k mark :)

Try it if you haven't already - the free version has plenty of levels!

@DarkLazer - Yeah the initial idea is the hardest thing. Next is the graphics I think. Last is actually coding it!

OP
kam187

kam187

Reaction score
Walkabout was just featured on the front page of the Android Market!

vIER4.jpg

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
This is a great little game, I will be checking out the full version soon, and I don't buy apps.

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
Downloaded full game from Amazon app store for free yesterday. Sorry I did not make it here to give everyone a heads up.

mjonesdoster

Reaction score
This is a REALLY good game. Congrats. I think a lot of people try to do too much with games on these phones. To keep them simple, yet complex & addictive - is the way to go. You have hit a home run with this one. The level (I can't remember which one) where you have 2 players & 1 of them only has to make 1 move is brilliant. Again - GREAT game.

OP
kam187

kam187

Reaction score

omg! Walkabout is hot on the heels of Angry birds over at the Amazon App store!!

WmlvB.jpg

funskey

Reaction score
Have downloaded the full version of the game. Excellent Game. There is one problem however while playing the game on the motorola xoom. It has now happened 3 times now. When I complete a level say level 10, when the queen comes with a bubble informing the number of stars I have won, sometimes there is no bubble and the game hangs the tablet so that it auto restarts after a period of complete inactivity during which time I cannot shut the tablet down or do anything else. This happens only when I am playing the game and not any other time. Like I said it has happened 3 times now and the last was just a few minutes ago. Kind of makes me pray every time I complete a level that the tablet does not hang. Please do something abt this.

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I have it on my droid 2. No problem with the lite version, but then I loaded the full version. I had the same issue, but only after level 1. I have not had it happen again.