Wakeup, Fonts

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
The only setting I see is "Preview Message", Show a preview of the received messages on the status bar and lock screen.
Where are those settings?
Thanks

reybie

Reaction score
From within the Messaging app, hit the menu and then settings.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
From within the Messaging app, hit the menu and then settings.

Oh that one I checked that a few days ago bit its not turning my device screen on when I get a text, or email message.
I must be missing something really simple but I can't figure it out for the life of me...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh that one I checked that a few days ago bit its not turning my device screen on when I get a text, or email message.
I must be missing something really simple but I can't figure it out for the life of me...

Well it won't do it for an email, so I would stop waiting for that. However, it should be doing it for a text message unless you have something preventing it. Do you have any strange apps that might have taken control of your notifications?

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Well it won't do it for an email, so I would stop waiting for that. However, it should be doing it for a text message unless you have something preventing it. Do you have any strange apps that might have taken control of your notifications?

NO I purposely stayed clear of notification apps because I didn't want to mess with the ED notification.
Before I switched from a DroidX to the iPhone I had issues with the LED notification.
So since switching back from a iOS device to this S4 its clean of notifications app's.

Strange

reybie

Reaction score
Actually that was one of my first questions when I got the S4, how to see the preview of the text message when it comes in. I don't think it was on by default and just found it from messing with the app settings.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah not sure on this one. I was in the opposite boat as you, it was doing it to me and I couldn't turn it off. I am still using GoSMS and like it better. That would be my only suggestion, they have a way to pop it up when you get a new message. Plus many themes to make it look a little nicer.