Waiting to Buy Droid

standisson

Reaction score
I am reasonably computer savvy, altho not conversant with the various terms of email- POP, etc.. Have been reading all of the reviews and forums and am anxious to commit to the Droid- have been a long time Verizon user and have been waiting for them to have an alternative to the iPhone- and ATT.

Currently I have 2 areas in question which could be deal stoppers and would appreciate input so I can go ahead, or wait till the January Update, perhaps.

First is assurance that I can use the bluetooth system in my Lexus ES350, which works fine with my current LG V8300. All I require is the storage of a half dozen speed dial numbers in my car system and/or the ability to initate calls on my extensive contact list stored in the phone, preferably by activating the contact by voice or at least by pushing call to that contact manually on the phone. Of course automatic receive of calls when system is on.

Second item is the abilty to somehow have Droid receive my email from AOL. I have not been a GMail user, although I'll open an account later. There are reasons to keep AOL active (Friends and family, AOL providing full MacAfee and Dial up backup during outages of wideband fot total $12/month, etc.) Also be nice but not deal breaker if I could access AOL Favorites via Droid.

droiddict

Reaction score
I set up my AOL account yesterday and it took about 10 seconds. Just put in the userid and password and my mail was coming in. I'm a long time gmail user and very infrequent AOL user but it's nice to have the backup account. Regarding favorites, that is a browser thing? There is a full browser on the Droid so you can do most of the things that you would normally do in a browser. The built-in browser has favorites that work very well IMHO.

Don't know about the car thing. You can't voice dial at this time but I sure hope that they will implement it soon. You can answer via bluetooth so seems like it should work with your car.