Waiting Root , how many ?

mcx3rbm

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a newb here. What are the benefits of root and are there any concerns anymore with rooting and the possibility of "bricking" your phone??

donzz

Reaction score
Many benefits and there is ALWAYS the possibility of bricking.

chuck54

Reaction score
You can hack the games on your phone with gamecih3 !! Also controlling your processor speeds gives your phone extra battery and/or extra speed. And with the maxx... Maybe 2.5 days of usage without charger when we get custom Roms?!?! #OOOOOHHHHHH

Trky

Reaction score
Bricked my phone. I installed the root and that worked fine, so the root is NOT what caused my phone to brick. When I tried to install google wallet, I rebooted my phone and then it was bricked. Couldn't boot into recovery or anything. Had to go to the VZ store and start the process for an exchange. They wouldn't do it in the store so I had to pay for overnight shipping. They stuck me with a ****ty iphone 4 loaner. I went from iPhone 5 to the droid Maxx and now a **** iphone 4 again lol.

donzz

Reaction score
Bricked my phone. I installed the root and that worked fine, so the root is NOT what caused my phone to brick. When I tried to install google wallet, I rebooted my phone and then it was bricked. Couldn't boot into recovery or anything. Had to go to the VZ store and start the process for an exchange. They wouldn't do it in the store so I had to pay for overnight shipping. They stuck me with a ****ty iphone 4 loaner. I went from iPhone 5 to the droid Maxx and now a **** iphone 4 again lol.

LOL, that would suck!

Casen

Reaction score

Which Google Wallet thread did you try. You should let everyone know so no one else gets stuck like you did.

Also, did you try to fast boot with the fxz before taking it back... Because honestly, that would solve everything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Trky

Reaction score
Which Google Wallet thread did you try. You should let everyone know so no one else gets stuck like you did.

Also, did you try to fast boot with the fxz before taking it back... Because honestly, that would solve everything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Google Wallet on Unsupported Devices (Guide) : Suleiman

That is the one. Right after I installed Xposed the phone bricked. I didn't try the fast boot method as the guide I was looking at stated that you needed specialized files for your specific phone. But I did get the sdk installed and updated before I gave up. I wasn't aware there were any files for the Maxx already or I would have tried to find them a little more.

Casen

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a fxz out there on one of the forums..

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

Trky

Reaction score
Link? I have my new phone. Might try to install the wallet again.

chuck54

Reaction score
I just saw that the DEVELOPER'S EDITION is unlockable through Motorola's website, is there a way to unlock the standard version??

Trky

Reaction score
I apparently don't have real root access. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379649988248.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379649988248.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 247
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379649998685.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379649998685.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 240