Waiting for the Cable Company (Time Warner Cable)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are suppose to be here between 12 and 2:00 pm today. Any bets that they no show? That's 20.00 off my bill if they don't make it.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, they made it came and gone. It's kind of complicated but I'll explain it the best I can.

I have two TiVo's, not the cable company boxes but real, genuine TiVo's. They use cable cards and a tuner adapter to communicate with TWC and their Switched Digital Video system.

Lately for some unknown reason on some of these SDV channels, strangely whatever one I seem to want to watch I get a message saying "Channel Not Available - Please Try Again Later."

I've had people come out to the hub and check to see if there is an issue there. They couldn't find anything so now these guys have to see if it's an issue in the house.

The problem is I can't duplicate the issue right now, of course.

The thing that is really strange about it is when the issue does occur if I tune in one of my televisions using one of the cable companies boxes, then the tuner adapters "see" the channel.

So they came in and changed a couple of adapters and took off.

Very strange, I kind of have the feeling they were contractors too, not real employees.

Well, I'll see if the issue is truly resolved or not eventually. Right now everything is working fine.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hook,
Pm me if you have trouble. I'm in the cable industry. I may have some answers to your questions.

-Droid Does