VZW to T-Mo

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by grunt0300, Nov 20, 2016.

1. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    They're pretty competitive now, Verizon being not anywhere near as much higher ($54 per line) than the others at this point if you do 3 lines or more. 1 line is still $80 for unlimited data, 2 lines ,$70 per line for 2. Not that long ago those prices were for very limited data allotments. Since I don't use much data I'm very happy with my current plan with AT&T and they evidently aren't happy with me having it as they keep spamming me with emails about how unlimited data, at a higher price, is a better deal for me lol.

2. grunt0300

grunt0300 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +161
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 6P
    Tmo gave me a "cellspot" for free. If i turn off my wifi in my house, which is made out of cement and cinder block, i get 4 bars on the phone. I get good, not great, reception in the Sarasota, Fl. area. About the same as Verizon & AT&T. I've heard about the 600Mhz band that Tmo bought, and they say that by the end of this year it should be operational. 20-25Mhz is supposed to go into the Sarasota area. They have built a new tower about 3 miles from where i live, so it should be all good pretty soon. The bottom line is that my wife and i have better phones and a better, less expensive carrier with outdoor service just as good as our previous carrier, and indoor service that went from 1 or 2 bars, to 4 bars all the time. It was a win win for us.:p

• Like Like x 3
  3. redbert31

redbert31 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,552
    I'll have to check that out! TMO is very popular here, so maybe they're working on the deficits. Do you still have Google if you switch from Verizon to tmo? I guess that must be a silly question... What else do you lose switching from Verizon to tmo? Is it just cell coverage, or other features that I might not be thinking about ( but taking for granted with big red)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4. grunt0300

grunt0300 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +161
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 6P

I was only with Verizon for about a year, and i found them adequate for signal strength outside the house, 2-3 bars with 4G LTE, and about the same inside my house. With Tmo, i get the same signal strength outside the house, but 4-5 bars inside the cement & cinderblock house. Monthly rate is MUCH better, and i get the same apps, including Google. As i stated in an earlier post, the outside signal strength is supposed to increase to 4-5 bars by the end of the year. So far, it's all good.:p

• Like Like x 1
  5. cerisecons

cerisecons Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,297
    It's all about reception these days, especially if you travel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. grunt0300

grunt0300 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +161
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 6P

Haha. I don't know if i'll be in SoCal for a while, as most of my family live on the east coast and Texas. I can tell you that according to my family, in those areas, Tmo works well. Here in Sarasota, Fl., it's just average right now, but hopefully changing within 6 or 7 months. My next vacation will be in Key West, and after a few drinks, i won't care what the reception is like.:p:p:p

7. redbert31

redbert31 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,552
    Sounds like a great vacation coming up.. Enjoy! Leave your phone in the room. Just take your drink!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. redbert31

redbert31 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +1,552
    Sounds like a great vacation coming up.. Enjoy! Leave your phone in the room. Just take your drink!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

9. grunt0300

grunt0300 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +161
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 6P

Sound advice.

• Like Like x 1