VZW to T-Mo

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Does anyone in these forums use T-Mo within the Sarasota, Fl. area( Venice, Nokomis, etc.)? How does it work for you. I want to change from VZW to T-Mo, as i want to go back to GSM, and get away from CDMA. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm not in your area but hopefully someone can chime in ...you might one to consider a prepaid on their network for a few weeks ...then you can really compare

iPhone Seven Plus

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm not in your area but hopefully someone can chime in ...you might one to consider a prepaid on their network for a few weeks ...then you can really compare

iPhone Seven Plus

Good advice. When my VZW contract is up, i can try MetroPCS, which uses the T-Mo network, just to test it out. I will definitely need wifi calling, and unlimited roaming. A trip from Fl. to my family in B'klyn could be expensive with T-Mo. Thanks.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good advice. When my VZW contract is up, i can try MetroPCS, which uses the T-Mo network, just to test it out. I will definitely need wifi calling, and unlimited roaming. A trip from Fl. to my family in B'klyn could be expensive with T-Mo. Thanks.

Or if you can afford it get a phone now before VZW expires and carry both phones to really compare !

iPhone Seven Plus

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Went to the magenta side on the 9th of April. Totally bought out my phone and my wife's. She's got the iPhone 7 Plus, and i've got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Great phones, service, customer service, and a great price. Tmo One is unlimited everything for $100.00 including taxes. We couldn't be happier.:p

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Went to the magenta side on the 9th of April. Totally bought out my phone and my wife's. She's got the iPhone 7 Plus, and i've got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Great phones, service, customer service, and a great price. Tmo One is unlimited everything for $100.00 including taxes. We couldn't be happier.:p
Is that price for both you and your wife? That's great..I wish I could switch, but up on the hill that I live on, only Verizon works reliably for phone service...I keep on checking, but unfortunately not yet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that price for both you and your wife? That's great..I wish I could switch, but up on the hill that I live on, only Verizon works reliably for phone service...I keep on checking, but unfortunately not yet

If not for the hole in coverage centered where I work I'd be back on T-Mobile myself. I left Verizon about 4 years ago because I got tired of craptacular reception all over central Virginia , saved a boat load of money each month with T-Mobile but needed better coverage during travels than either provided and switched to AT&T. I pay $45a month for unlimited text/calls and 2GB data with rollover. T-Mobile has filled all the coverage holes I ran into except where I work.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No holes around here but there are tons where I travel. I could live without reception but why when it's the same price as what I'm getting now?.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Connecticut has lots of hills and only Verizon gets everywhere. But Verizon still charges more than anyone the last time I checked prices. My husband just paid his phone off, so I guess once he's ready to get a new one, we'll check the prices again and maybe by then T-Mobile will fill in the holes. Now that I'm retired, I sure would like to save a few bucks.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Connecticut has lots of hills and only Verizon gets everywhere. But Verizon still charges more than anyone the last time I checked prices. My husband just paid his phone off, so I guess once he's ready to get a new one, we'll check the prices again and maybe by then T-Mobile will fill in the holes. Now that I'm retired, I sure would like to save a few bucks.

They're pretty competitive now, Verizon being not anywhere near as much higher ($54 per line) than the others at this point if you do 3 lines or more. 1 line is still $80 for unlimited data, 2 lines ,$70 per line for 2. Not that long ago those prices were for very limited data allotments. Since I don't use much data I'm very happy with my current plan with AT&T and they evidently aren't happy with me having it as they keep spamming me with emails about how unlimited data, at a higher price, is a better deal for me lol.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Tmo gave me a "cellspot" for free. If i turn off my wifi in my house, which is made out of cement and cinder block, i get 4 bars on the phone. I get good, not great, reception in the Sarasota, Fl. area. About the same as Verizon & AT&T. I've heard about the 600Mhz band that Tmo bought, and they say that by the end of this year it should be operational. 20-25Mhz is supposed to go into the Sarasota area. They have built a new tower about 3 miles from where i live, so it should be all good pretty soon. The bottom line is that my wife and i have better phones and a better, less expensive carrier with outdoor service just as good as our previous carrier, and indoor service that went from 1 or 2 bars, to 4 bars all the time. It was a win win for us.:p

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Tmo gave me a "cellspot" for free. If i turn off my wifi in my house, which is made out of cement and cinder block, i get 4 bars on the phone. I get good, not great, reception in the Sarasota, Fl. area. About the same as Verizon & AT&T. I've heard about the 600Mhz band that Tmo bought, and they say that by the end of this year it should be operational. 20-25Mhz is supposed to go into the Sarasota area. They have built a new tower about 3 miles from where i live, so it should be all good pretty soon. The bottom line is that my wife and i have better phones and a better, less expensive carrier with outdoor service just as good as our previous carrier, and indoor service that went from 1 or 2 bars, to 4 bars all the time. It was a win win for us.:p
I'll have to check that out! TMO is very popular here, so maybe they're working on the deficits. Do you still have Google if you switch from Verizon to tmo? I guess that must be a silly question... What else do you lose switching from Verizon to tmo? Is it just cell coverage, or other features that I might not be thinking about ( but taking for granted with big red)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk