Vzw tier 2 tech manager says Bionic "not real dual core"

xmguy

Reaction score
I called VZW today to get another bionic. After still having data issues and noticing some dead pixels asked the rep if I could get a fru razr that rep said no. So I asked to speak with a tier 2 tech manager. Asked her about the razr. She said no in no certain terms.
Continued to say that the razr isnt comparable because it has the smart actions that the Bionic doesnt have (oh yeah pull the old apple 4s siri routine). That it isnt a TRUE dual core processor phone like the Razr is. I tried to say it was. But she said that's what Motorola told VZW directly. On quaderant tests for the Razr online showing the score over 2178 while the Bionic (atleast mine) only pulled 1560. I know the Razr has more cpu power. But it's only 200Mhz more. So what's the rep on about.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Funny, about what you'd expect to hear from Verizon. As they say, sometimes it's better to say nothing and appear stupid than to say something to validate it ;-)

lockman

Reaction score
I wish there was a like button on the app, cuz bluezdawg spoke the truth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I wish there was a like button on the app, cuz bluezdawg spoke the truth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Ditto. Its like the rep was doing all she could to put down my phone and praise glory to the Razr. I've read the specs on both. I know the Bionic and Razr run dual core chips. All Motorola did was OC the processor to get the extra 200 Mhz to make it 1.2 Ghz vs just 1.0. They did the same with the Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global.

Funny bit. I told her it was the same processor only 200 Mhz more on the Razr. She said. "You may be right. It may have 200 GHZ more than the Razr". I thought oh wow.

Last edited:

nateohio

Reaction score
A VZW rep talking out of their ass? No!!! It couldn't be!!!!

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
A VZW rep talking out of their ass? No!!! It couldn't be!!!!

No VZW is always 100% on what they say. If id been in her shoes. I'd said nothing vs sounding like a fool

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
On quaderant tests for the Razr online showing the score over 2178 while the Bionic (atleast mine) only pulled 1560. I know the Razr has more cpu power. But it's only 200Mhz more. So what's the rep on about.

My Bionic just scored 2098 on the first run, and 2126 on the second. Sounds like you had a bad run. In other words, the Bionic is so close to the RAZR it's not funny. 200MHz is not much.

And LOL at the "not real dual core" thing. The RAZR is slightly overclocked Bionic hardware in a different case. They share the exact same chipset, RAZR's is just clocked higher.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
My Bionic just scored 2098 on the first run, and 2126 on the second. Sounds like you had a bad run. In other words, the Bionic is so close to the RAZR it's not funny. 200MHz is not much.

And LOL at the "not real dual core" thing. The RAZR is slightly overclocked Bionic hardware in a different case. They share the exact same chipset, RAZR's is just clocked higher.

No 200mhz isn't much at all. Im gonna test by Bionic again when i flash it to stock. See if some of the running apps are bringing the rating down.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
My Quadrant score now.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of Tennessee!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
That sounds like some RAZR bias coming from Verizon and Motorola itself (if what she said is true).

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
That sounds like some RAZR bias coming from Verizon and Motorola itself (if what she said is true).

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Yeah gotta wonder . She said "the bionic is a good phone". I was trying to highlight that aside from a (small) bump in battery and processor and different display type and thinner design its the SAME phone. But NO!

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

ambrown

Reaction score
I would trust that "factoid" from the Verizon rep as readily as I would trust anonymous men with ski masks with my wallet.

I used to work in a call center and there was so much (dis)information going around that when challenged to support the claim it would turn into a "he said/she said" type of proof. Even managers were well versed in Total BS 101. Usually when it came down to "I just can't do that for you because its company policy/procedure to handle your request this way" wasn't too popular of a political statement so they would just tell the customer (a) what they wanted to hear even if it was false just to get them off the phone; or (b) total random "rules" or crazy "facts" to support the reason why they can't do what you want.

Granted, I was working in the credit card space, but I've seen enough to know that most call centers are alike regardless of what product the company sells.

So what it sounds like to me is that 1. The rep was truely clueless about how to do their job and so 2. pulled an excuse (likely repeated around the cubicles by the reps) out of their butt to end the confrontation.

Lastly, I've never found verizon reps to be all that knowledgeable or reliable about tech products and news, and rumors easily turn into fact. Great example; how many people swore that some Verizon rep told them that the iPhone was just around the corner...since 2007? Yeah sure it eventually happened, but not like they kept saying it would.

Now I want to say that there are some great Verizon reps and even call center reps can be great. I always tried to give good service while I was doing it, and I prided myself on giving out only correct information to customers, but there are some bad apples out there too that ruin it for everyone.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Last edited:

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Funny thing...I just ran a quadrant of 2235 and when I got done, opened up the system info page of the Quadrant App. Under CPU it states 1000mhz....Cores: 1, whats up with that?