VZW - Thunderbolt: To buy or not to buy

biker1579

Reaction score
I am considering the purchase of a new Thunderbolt however the reading I have done is not very flattering on the battery life for the Thunderbolt.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea whether or not HTC has plans in the works to fix the issue?

Does it look like a hardware fix is needed or will it be a firmware upgrade to fix?

Overall just wondering if this phone is a smart investment for me. I use my current BB Tour for corporate email, texting, cruising the web, occasionally I would probably want to play a game, and of course placing and receiving calls. Don't believe I would call myself an extreme user at this point but I would use it quite extensively.

I do work in an office so would have access to charging throughout the day but also want to make sure I am not charging it every 2 hours if I can avoid it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I have no problem with battery life on my thunderbolt. Well I am rooted underclocked when the screen is off and all the bloatware is frozen. Today I got 12 hours of use and I have about 20 percent remaining.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

djsiva

Reaction score
I picked mine up on Saturday and I've been happy with it. I haven't had a chance to root yet, but that will be done soon. I know my Droid X battery life improved significantly after root and a custom ROM. I'm sure my TB will be no different.

Immolate

Reaction score
Today made it 15 hours with 70% battery remaining. Light usage to moderate usage, on wifi all day. Some calls, plenty of texts and emails. A bit of surfing. This is on Das Bamf 1.6, not overclocked.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I just installed das bamf version 1.6 and its great. So fast and the battery life is incredible. Try it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bernardino5

Reaction score
Battery is no real issue once u make the necessary changes

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Battery is no real issue once u make the necessary changes

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

can you link me to a tutorial for these necessary changes? :)
Root, rom, and underclock while the screen's off.
Plus, the battery life problem is overstated even on stock. A lot of those reviewers were doing all kinds of stuff during those reviews and then claiming it had bad battery life. Well, yeah, no **** it's going to have bad battery life when you do that... I saw someone test video streaming, and it was able to stream for 6 and a half straight hours before the battery died. I think you'll be fine, especially if you root and rom.