VZW Stopped the OTA

cs3

Reaction score
oh wow, just clicked on my "system updates" tab again while reading this thread for the 4th time today, and there it is.
Downloading now.
So i guess the OTA was not, in fact, stopped

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Precisely about 52 mins ago, I checked it manually and there it was. Forgetting that I was still on 3G, I pushed download. Thirty minutes afterwards, it finished downloading. Installed in about 20 mins. First thing I do, went to this forum and here I am. Keep your phone charged, it drained my batt so much. I had it charging all along and my batt is still on 15%.

LocoRon

Reaction score
Yay, finally getting this!

As mikekhelxD stated, this update sucks battery like nothing else! My phone was fully charged (still on the charger) when I started the download; I disconnected it about that point though. Within a few minutes it was down to 80%, so I plugged it back in, still hanging around 80% though. Oh, and my 4G decides now is a good time to flake out on me. -_-

rafterman414

Reaction score
Seems like more people are getting it now. I just got too antsy and went ahead and installed the .217 leak floating around, I bet if I had waited another day I could have gotten the OTA. Hopefully I did not ruin my ability to get future OTA updates.

MaDMaS

Reaction score
I got the update earlier today. Very happy with it. Unfortunately it broke root. And broke root keeper. :( but after a long day I am back rooted and running happy.

Like: Multitasking like a boss

Dislike: no more quick clickable contacts. It opens up some pop up that is huge.
Web history no longer has a thumbnail view. Really liked that feature.

Overall tho happy with the update and to me the multitasking was the most important.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Seems like more people are getting it now. I just got too antsy and went ahead and installed the .217 leak floating around, I bet if I had waited another day I could have gotten the OTA. Hopefully I did not ruin my ability to get future OTA updates.

Since 217 became the official OTA you'll be able to get future updates since any new updates will look for 217 on your system.

duxdad

Reaction score
My update came this afternoon after doing a check for updates. Downloaded and installed without incident.