Vzw+Skype in Late March = 2.1 release date?

flicek88

Reaction score
Since "The two companies have built a new always-on application called Skype Mobile." do you think that this new app will be native to the droid's 2.1 os? My guess is that motorola had the 2.1 update ready for the droid, but right before it was pushed out, verizon decided to add the skype mobile app which is holding up the OTA till late march. If this is the case, it explains why motorola posted that the droid update was on the way, since they had it ready; not knowing that verizon was planning (most likely behind closed doors) to add a skype mobile native app to their phones in late march.

Who knows?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Speculation. Chances are only feature phones will have the app built in, and it will be on the Market for Android users. Makes more sense to bundle it on later devices, Devour, etc.

OP
F

flicek88

Reaction score
Speculation. Chances are only feature phones will have the app built in, and it will be on the Market for Android users. Makes more sense to bundle it on later devices, Devour, etc.

Wouldn't it make even more sense to bundle it with existing and new droids with the 2.1 update? Idk, it is speculation but I have a good feeling this is the case.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense, to me, no.

Verizon doesn't do anything fast. I doubt this would be an exception.

johall07

Reaction score

Wouldn't it make even more sense to bundle it with existing and new droids with the 2.1 update? Idk, it is speculation but I have a good feeling this is the case.

its possible but with 2.1 who knows what the hell they are doing

OP
F

flicek88

Reaction score
If skype mobile is bundled with 2.1, I don't care if it lacks live wallpapers or the new app menu since skype is far more useful than any of that dross.