Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
But don't be surprised if they don't do a darn thing for you either. I speak from experience, as an employee.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Jackie... You are right in that assessment. Often times they won't but persistence has paid off for me at least and they've accommodated me in every situation that I've requested this type of support. I don't believe it's unique to me either as I've heard similar success stories from other members. I suppose I should have said YRMV. ;-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well they don't give a damn about their employees, as I found out when I got my Droid Maxx and the price dropped $100 a week later and they told me my only option was to return a perfectly good phone and pay the restocking fee and then repurchase it again. Normal customers have 14 days to get a price difference. You'd THINK employees would be treated better, as we are the ones selling their products!

Sent from my Droid Maxx

loki993

Reaction score
Question..so if I were to get the max 6gig plan..Im on that plan until I change it or does it ever revert to a 2 gig plan?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Question..so if I were to get the max 6gig plan..Im on that plan until I change it or does it ever revert to a 2 gig plan?
I don't think anyone knows, just like no one knows for sure how long grandfathered unlimited will last. I've been on the Max plan for 6 months now. I'll answer your question for you in 18 months.

loki993

Reaction score
well Im thinking about switching....I can go from unlimited to the 6 gig plan for the same price AND get the max plan for a new phone. The more I think about it the more I think I just may buy the new phone outright and stay on unlimited.

Clamshell

Reaction score
Can any Verizon reps confirm or deny this.
Saw this on another Verizon forum.
Supposedly as of May 23 if you have unltd data and make any changes to your minutes you will now lose unltd. data.
Is this a new policy change? Or just plain old BS?

loki993

Reaction score
Changing your minutes is changing you plan isnt it? I would think thats nothing new...but I dont work for Verizion...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It all depends.. When I was on Verizon unlimited I went up and down the minutes of my old Family share plan.. Example from 1400 to 2000 share min... So I wasn't changing to a new plan and kept unlimited.. Unless things changed as stated I'd think it would be the same as before..

Knock knock G2

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Sorry for not having the time to search for this answer. I bricked my 4g phone, can i activate my 3g droidx without losing my out of contract grandfathered unlimited plan?. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you may, you'll have to call 611 to do it, no Sim card.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

npro1464

Reaction score
I had a question about unlimited data. About 1.5 years ago I was able to do this and I was wondering if Im still able to do it:

On my family plan, one line is a flip phone. Last time, I upgraded this line to a Galaxy S3, activated it on that line, then deactivated it and switched it to my line. This way, I was able to get my S3 on a subsidized price and keep my unlimited data. The VZ rep on the phone was very familiar with what I was doing and very helpful. Does this trick still work? Will it work even if I get an iPhone? Thanks!

xtor

Reaction score
I had a question about unlimited data. About 1.5 years ago I was able to do this and I was wondering if Im still able to do it:

On my family plan, one line is a flip phone. Last time, I upgraded this line to a Galaxy S3, activated it on that line, then deactivated it and switched it to my line. This way, I was able to get my S3 on a subsidized price and keep my unlimited data. The VZ rep on the phone was very familiar with what I was doing and very helpful. Does this trick still work? Will it work even if I get an iPhone? Thanks!
Does this still work for upgrade???

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.