VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

comk4ver

Reaction score
So I upgraded by transferring my upgrade to my line 2. New smartphone was activated on line 2. Then moved to new G2 to my unlimited line and everything is great... Now line 2's dummy phone is not working great and I'm going to replace it at some point and time... I do have an available upgrade on it... What are my best options to upgrade for the dummy line two? Line two just needs a dummy phone. Is it better to buy that new LG dummy phone for full price ($200) then have that line activated on line 2 or is there another option? Line 2 is only calls no data...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

djarmin

Reaction score
You can get a cheap flip phone on eBay $60. Don't buy on verizon, full price is a rip off and it lets you save the upgrade on that one just in case you need it as a backup upgrade if you break your G2

Last edited:

djarmin

Reaction score
can you still transfer an upgrade from a unlimited line to a line with 2gb data then activate the new phone on the unlimited line and not lose unlimited?

my account has 3 lines

line 1 and 2 have unlimited.
line 3 has 2gb

line 1 upgrade is today. line 2 is friday.

can i transfer line 1's upgrade to line 3, get new phone and put it on line 1 and keep unlimited?

second ?

can i do this again with line 2 on friday?

People say that you will lose your unlimited but I have done this for my plan this past december and two of my family members plan. I transferred my unlimited lines upgrade to dummy phone line, upgraded, and chose new data plan for second line and it showed up as my contract on unlimited line being extended for 2 years but my unlimited did not go away. You just have to make sure to activate the new phone on second line first before doing the swap

stam101

Reaction score
I have three lines - contract is up on two of them in May. The other one in August. Is there any way I can get all three upgraded this Friday for the S5 on all three lines without having to turn in my phones?

Thanks in Advance!

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have three lines - contract is up on two of them in May. The other one in August. Is there any way I can get all three upgraded this Friday for the S5 on all three lines without having to turn in my phones?

Thanks in Advance!

If you call customer service they can. The retail stores cannot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If you call customer service they can. The retail stores cannot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thank you. Will I need to be insistent about it?

Vzw customer service can do lots of things that the stores can't, and I wouldn't say be insistent, but instead be humble. Plead your case and talk about your loyalty. I've been with VZW over 20 years - same phone number... And believe me when I talk loyalty they bend over backwards to give me all kinds of help, from early upgrades to sending me new car mounts, to giving me credits to offset what I mention as financial setbacks for having to move from one phone to another.

Be humble and be appreciative in advance of what they can do. It's called an assumptive close. Tell them you appreciate anything they can do for you. Don't be surprised if they shower you with loyalty appreciation. Also dont even assume that their first offer is their final offer. Don't be afraid to ask for a little more. Credits to the bill are easy for them... It's just essentially a discount on future profits.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
But don't be surprised if they don't do a darn thing for you either. I speak from experience, as an employee.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Status
Not open for further replies.