VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the fast response. I hope to get there today after work!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the fast response. I hope to get there today after work!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

And Murphy's law says you'll get the idiot dude having a bad day, and you look a lot like the guy his girlfriend dumped him for.

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And Murphy's law says you'll get the idiot dude having a bad day, and you look a lot like the guy his girlfriend dumped him for.

Ouch....lmao...that's my luck!!

tydougherty

Reaction score
Is the Asurion insurance for the line or for the phone? Like if I lost my current phone. but had an OG Droid that i placed on that line could I place an insurance claim on the OG droid phone and see what they would replace it with?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The phone, you get a exact replacement if available after that a comparable replacement. Usually a refurbish like new phone ;)

JSMachine

Reaction score
I have bought a used phone from a friend. It is a Razr HD. I am currently on a regular Razr. The new phone does have a SIM card in it. My phone does as well. I am not really sure how the SIM card works, I just know they have them. To activate the new phone, what do I need to do? I'm sure it will involve calling Verizon. To do this, can I do it from my old phone, or am I going to have to have another phone seperate from the two I have?

I just want to find out what steps are involved to set the new phone up before I call.

Also, the reason I bought a used phone is because I don't want to lose unlimited data. I don't want any changes to my data plan. Can you please confirm that swapping to the new phone will enable me to keep my new plan?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have bought a used phone from a friend. It is a Razr HD. I am currently on a regular Razr. The new phone does have a SIM card in it. My phone does as well. I am not really sure how the SIM card works, I just know they have them. To activate the new phone, what do I need to do? I'm sure it will involve calling Verizon. To do this, can I do it from my old phone, or am I going to have to have another phone seperate from the two I have?

I just want to find out what steps are involved to set the new phone up before I call.

Also, the reason I bought a used phone is because I don't want to lose unlimited data. I don't want any changes to my data plan. Can you please confirm that swapping to the new phone will enable me to keep my new plan?

Just power down your RAZR, remove Sim and SD card and install into to powered off HD, power up. And follow prompts. No need to call Verizon.
Yes you will retain your unlimited, done this several times.
Or you could take it to Verizon and get a free new Sim card, corporate store not a kiosk. And they can set it up for you.
Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

Last edited:

JSMachine

Reaction score
Just power down your RAZR, remove Sim and SD card and install into to powered off HD, power up. And follow prompts. No need to call Verizon.
Yes you will retain your unlimited, done this several times.
Or you could take it to Verizon and get a free new Sim card, corporate store not a kiosk. And they can set it up for you.

Wow, I did not know it was this easy. So I can basically switch phones without having to worry with calling them. There will be no issues with this?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely not, I know several people that swap phones daily. Albeit their phones are set up with their apps, etc.

Hopper20

Reaction score
can you still transfer an upgrade from a unlimited line to a line with 2gb data then activate the new phone on the unlimited line and not lose unlimited?

my account has 3 lines

line 1 and 2 have unlimited.
line 3 has 2gb

line 1 upgrade is today. line 2 is friday.

can i transfer line 1's upgrade to line 3, get new phone and put it on line 1 and keep unlimited?

second ?

can i do this again with line 2 on friday?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
can you still transfer an upgrade from a unlimited line to a line with 2gb data then activate the new phone on the unlimited line and not lose unlimited?

my account has 3 lines

line 1 and 2 have unlimited.
line 3 has 2gb

line 1 upgrade is today. line 2 is friday.

can i transfer line 1's upgrade to line 3, get new phone and put it on line 1 and keep unlimited?

second ?

can i do this again with line 2 on friday?

No, if you use that upgrade in any way you will lose unlimited.

HOWEVER

Wait until Friday. Upgrade line 3,then transfer that phone to line 1. I've been doing that for two years now.

I have five lines 1 and 2 unlimited. I first used my mom's boyfriends upgrade, bought an iPhone 5, sold it on eBay and bought him the phone he wanted and still made $300 then three months later I used my mom's upgrade bought them both new phones, for myself a note 2 and still paid less than retail.

Now all five of my lines are out of contract and I'm not sure what to do. :) it's a good problem to have if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.