VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack19318

Reaction score
Ok back again!
One of the dumb phones on family plan needs a warranty replacement. Head phone jack isn't working and screen isn't turning on all the time with button presses or sliding it open.
But now because of the AOL of the family plan verizon said there is no longer a one year manufactures warranty. So now asurion wants $89 bucks to replace it but the phone isn't even worth $89 bucks! Why didn't any verizon rep. Let us know there would no longer be a warranty on any of the phones?
And how much is it to cancel early?end of contract is august 23rd so 2 months early for one line?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

vatothe0

Reaction score
Ok back again!
One of the dumb phones on family plan needs a warranty replacement. Head phone jack isn't working and screen isn't turning on all the time with button presses or sliding it open.
But now because of the AOL of the family plan verizon said there is no longer a one year manufactures warranty. So now asurion wants $89 bucks to replace it but the phone isn't even worth $89 bucks! Why didn't any verizon rep. Let us know there would no longer be a warranty on any of the phones?
And how much is it to cancel early?end of contract is august 23rd so 2 months early for one line?

The warranty information was in the phone manual. If you are only 2 months from being out of contract, not sure how the phone would be not be eligible for upgrade by now. ETF should be $65-$70 though.

edit... I see now why it's not eligible.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mack19318

Reaction score
There was an assumption of liabilty on the account, account went from one name to another. This line (dumb phone) was only added 3 weeks before the aol. The aol dropped the contract to one year for all lines but still kept upgrade dates as they where. So this line that needs a replacement isn't able to upgrade to middle of next year some time.
He just wants a phone that works and to keep his number. He is 64 years old and doesn't really do much with the phone but wants to be able to receive and make calls when wanted/needed.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Call and order a certified pre owned phone. Samsung Smooth is only $62.

jmw

Reaction score
Verizonwireless Upgrade Question

It seems like within the last month Verizon has changed their policy on upgrades. I wanted to use my wife's upgrade since she has a dumb phone and I can get her another one from another family member. Transferring my wife's upgrade to my account is no longer available on the verizonwireless website. My moto droid is possessed and the audio jack is shot...again, so I'm looking to upgrade through a third party vendor to get the best deal. Any tips on how to proceed? Could I upgrade my wifes line to the droid incredible 2 for free through letstalk.com and then immediately transfer the phone to my account and drop her data plan so she can just use her dumb phone? I know I can upgrade my line right now, but I can't justify spending $170 on a Droid Incredible 2 or Droid X2 when they can be had for cheap or free elsewhere. Thanks for your help.
Michael

vatothe0

Reaction score
Nothing has changed regarding the use of an upgrade for a different line. Verizon allows you to do it directly through their website. All it does is save you the hassle of activating it on the eligible number then shuffling things around so the new phone is on the line of your choice.

You can do that after upgrading through a 3rd party dealer but their policies may charge you for doing so.

jmw

Reaction score
Nothing has changed regarding the use of an upgrade for a different line. Verizon allows you to do it directly through their website. All it does is save you the hassle of activating it on the eligible number then shuffling things around so the new phone is on the line of your choice.

You can do that after upgrading through a 3rd party dealer but their policies may charge you for doing so.

Thanks vatothe,
I know I can upgrade directly through Verizon, but they are charging $170 for the DI2 and that phone is available for free or $50 on other third party vendors. Do you know of any third party vendors that do not charge for switching the phone from one line to another line in a verizon family plan? Thanks,
Michael

vatothe0

Reaction score
I don't keep track of the terms on 3rd party sites.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

Thanks vatothe,
I know I can upgrade directly through Verizon, but they are charging $170 for the DI2 and that phone is available for free or $50 on other third party vendors. Do you know of any third party vendors that do not charge for switching the phone from one line to another line in a verizon family plan? Thanks,
Michael

Amazon

Sent from my SPH-P100 using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Amazon will charge you a penalty if you switch the phone to another line. It used too not be clear in their terms and I called to make sure it would not be a problem but sure enough, it would be a $250 penalty. They now do have that in their terms. Costco I believe does not have a penalty if you switch.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

tkuligowski

Reaction score
I have a unlimited data plan on my EnV Touch which was one of the "multimedia phones" from a couple years ago. Verizon is doing tiered data plans in July except the rumor is that people that have existing data plans will not be forced to change. My questions is does my data plan qualify? Or do I have to have a smart phone before july that will change it to a "smart phone data package?" I thought the unlimited data package was the same for whatever phone but If I have to run out and get a smart phone before July I may do that. I was hoping to get the bionic but his could change things.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Amazon will charge you a penalty if you switch the phone to another line. It used too not be clear in their terms and I called to make sure it would not be a problem but sure enough, it would be a $250 penalty. They now do have that in their terms. Costco I believe does not have a penalty if you switch.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Must be a random thing then.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using DroidForums

9wire

Reaction score
I recently changed my plan from unlimited to family share, and not until over a month later I found out I fat thumbed a friends number er when I put it on my lit, and got a $575 bill from being over my minutes. After talking to 2 different people they said the best they can do is give me a free month. Any options here? 99% of my calls were that number, everybody else I call is either family or another vzw number, that's why I changed my plan to begin with.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

vatothe0

Reaction score
I recently changed my plan from unlimited to family share, and not until over a month later I found out I fat thumbed a friends number er when I put it on my lit, and got a $575 bill from being over my minutes. After talking to 2 different people they said the best they can do is give me a free month. Any options here? 99% of my calls were that number, everybody else I call is either family or another vzw number, that's why I changed my plan to begin with.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Keep better track of your usage? A free month is better than what Verizon is obligated to give you....

margareth

Reaction score
What can I learn about the advantages of the droids in this thread ?

dot.png

Status
Not open for further replies.