VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionide

Reaction score

Irishdoom

Reaction score
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Verizon phone, but have a question. I was planning on getting the phone through Amazon wireless (they seem to have overall cheaper prices on phones) with a new 2 year contract. I don't presently have a contract with any carrier.

Now, I work for a company that is included in the employee discount program with VZW. Can I order my phone through Amazon, and then still get my discount by calling VZW or something once my contract is set up?

WillDroid

Reaction score
I've run across a question recently and figured someone here could answer it for me. I have 3 lines on my account with verizon. On two of them I've noticed in the last couple months I'm getting charged 9.99 for 1 "premium messaging" under data. I dont even know what that is. Is there any way to get that off and save me the $20 a month?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I've run across a question recently and figured someone here could answer it for me. I have 3 lines on my account with verizon. On two of them I've noticed in the last couple months I'm getting charged 9.99 for 1 "premium messaging" under data. I dont even know what that is. Is there any way to get that off and save me the $20 a month?

Call them and have them put a premium SMS block on your line(s).

Happened to me this month, but they removed it and put the block on.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Verizon phone, but have a question. I was planning on getting the phone through Amazon wireless (they seem to have overall cheaper prices on phones) with a new 2 year contract. I don't presently have a contract with any carrier.

Now, I work for a company that is included in the employee discount program with VZW. Can I order my phone through Amazon, and then still get my discount by calling VZW or something once my contract is set up?

You can get a corporate discount, because they discount the account, not the phone. That said, I would STRONGLY recommend ponying up the extra cash and buying from a VZW corporate store. Anything goes wrong, you will get immediate help. If they can't fix an issue, they will replace there at the store. Just like the network service, you get what you pay for with in-store purchase. VZW does try to monetize EVERYTHING, but they do reinvest it in their network and customer support.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
that doesn't apply to you, sir.

That is for warranty exchanges.

You purchased phone within 14 days so can still exchange it, paying a $35 restocking fee.

Wow. I had 30 days with my X. Almost returned it too, but around 28 days the 2.2.1 rom was leaked, and I stopped hating the phone. Now that I have 2.3, I am very happy with the phone.

Reaction score

You can get a corporate discount, because they discount the account, not the phone. That said, I would STRONGLY recommend ponying up the extra cash and buying from a VZW corporate store. Anything goes wrong, you will get immediate help. If they can't fix an issue, they will replace there at the store. Just like the network service, you get what you pay for with in-store purchase. VZW does try to monetize EVERYTHING, but they do reinvest it in their network and customer support.

Actually they recently did away with the instore replacement policy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
As for replacements, Verizon still has to honor your warranty, even if you purchase somewhere else.

I got my PRO from Amazon and did a warranty exchange through VZW with no problems at all.

Myree67

Reaction score
Actually they don't have to honor their warranty if you purchase the phone somewhere else...you have to go to the store where you purchased the phone...yes I used to work for a verizon call center customer service on the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ionide

Reaction score
Actually they don't have to honor their warranty if you purchase the phone somewhere else...you have to go to the store where you purchased the phone...yes I used to work for a verizon call center customer service on the phone.

So much misinformation in this thread...

Verizon honors your warranty, no matter if you buy through amazon, zwireless, Walmart, doesn't matter.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

Verizon honors your warranty, no matter if you buy through amazon, zwireless, Walmart, doesn't matter.

Unfortunately for them, that's part of the deal with honoring the manufacturer's warranty. I bought mine through Amazon, and had a warranty replacement processed through Verizon with zero trouble.

ionide

Reaction score

Unfortunately for them, that's part of the deal with honoring the manufacturer's warranty. I bought mine through Amazon, and had a warranty replacement processed through Verizon with zero trouble.

Right, that's exactly what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.