VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTD1964

Reaction score
Announcement 1 switch 189-101

Please tell me what "Announcement 1 switch 189-101" means on voice mail.

ionide

Reaction score
Please tell me what "Announcement 1 switch 189-101" means on voice mail.

Why? What issues are you having?
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LTD1964

Reaction score
Unable to leave voice mail on acct known to have voice mail. I get that Verizon announcement nstead.

ionide

Reaction score
Hmmm... could be a forwarding issue. Have that person dial *73 from their phone. If still an issue, have them call tech support.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. My d1 i think is busted (screen wont work and no warranty)and i have my moms old Env and im trying to fiqure out how to transfer this thing to my number so i at least have a temporary phone til i fiqure out what im going to do. I really dont want to mess with my plans or anything because i plan on buying a droid off ebay at some point, is their any way i can transfer the Env to my line and just leave everything else alone? if that makes sense... I would prefer to do this at my house. I know usually a sim card swap to a new phone would work on the other carriers but thats the evil with cdma. Any help would be appreciated.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Hello guys. My d1 i think is busted (screen wont work and no warranty)and i have my moms old Env and im trying to fiqure out how to transfer this thing to my number so i at least have a temporary phone til i fiqure out what im going to do. I really dont want to mess with my plans or anything because i plan on buying a droid off ebay at some point, is their any way i can transfer the Env to my line and just leave everything else alone? if that makes sense... I would prefer to do this at my house. I know usually a sim card swap to a new phone would work on the other carriers but thats the evil with cdma. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to MyVZW
Select your line from the drop down (if you're on a family plan)
Click "Activate a Device"
Follow the instructions
*228 new phone

JesterMX6

Reaction score
the env won't activate because you have a smartphone plan. at least thats what i was told by vzw last year when i ran into a similar issue.

Reaction score
When you activate the env of will boot the smartphone plan off.

You really don't even need to login to myverizon. Just dial *228, option 1, enter your number and password and let it go

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

You really don't even need to login to myverizon. Just dial *228, option 1, enter your number and password and let it go

Is this saying that my smartphone plan will be booted if i tranfer my EnV?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

Is this saying that my smartphone plan will be booted if i tranfer my EnV?

That might be what he or she is saying, but it's incorrect in my experience. We switched a Blackberry to a dumbphone temporarily, and didn't change anything on the plan in going from Blackberry>Dumbphone>Droid Pro.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
... i think im leaning toward gsu_golfer but i think i want a rep to confirm. I dont need to add any wrenches in my plan. I would think i wouldnt change plans becuase my the enV is capable of internet and phone. Its not like im switching to a complete dumbphone. I just need a phone for a couple of days til i can get a new droid. :icon_eek: id be mad if my plan changed.

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Question about all the Thunderbolt 3G issues.

My wife got her T-Bolt a couple of days ago and yesterday it stopped picking up any 3G service. She can Wi-Fi fine, but no 3G. We are just on the outskirts of 4G so she can't get that either. I looked all around and this seems to be a widespread problem with the T-Bolt.

We took it in to the Verizon store and when I mentioned this, that online is buzzing about the issue, the rep seemed to get a little annoyed ... "We've only had one come in with this issue" Well 3 or 4 of the reps huddled and they called over a manager. their solution was, "we think we're having network issues and it should be resolved soon."

My concern is, my phone an X, has no problem getting 3G and this T-Bolt issues seems to be happening a lot ...

It Verizon scrambling to identify the issue, do they know the issue, or do they have no clue? Specifically account wise, will they refund a percentage of the data plan for the days she is unable to connect to any data?

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's not a network issue, its a phone or SIM issue. Refund would be more likely from customer service than in-store.

Question about all the Thunderbolt 3G issues.

My wife got her T-Bolt a couple of days ago and yesterday it stopped picking up any 3G service. She can Wi-Fi fine, but no 3G. We are just on the outskirts of 4G so she can't get that either. I looked all around and this seems to be a widespread problem with the T-Bolt.

We took it in to the Verizon store and when I mentioned this, that online is buzzing about the issue, the rep seemed to get a little annoyed ... "We've only had one come in with this issue" Well 3 or 4 of the reps huddled and they called over a manager. their solution was, "we think we're having network issues and it should be resolved soon."

My concern is, my phone an X, has no problem getting 3G and this T-Bolt issues seems to be happening a lot ...

It Verizon scrambling to identify the issue, do they know the issue, or do they have no clue? Specifically account wise, will they refund a percentage of the data plan for the days she is unable to connect to any data?

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.