VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
A.N.D.E : )

And don't forget to educate and close.

Pretty generous offer Tylonal, don't you get enough @ work? LOL, I can pick up the slack on some questions as well. MWCC Rep.

xjman349

Reaction score
A.N.D.E : )

And don't forget to educate and close.

Pretty generous offer Tylonal, don't you get enough @ work? LOL, I can pick up the slack on some questions as well. MWCC Rep.

Ohhh the ANDE model. I love it.

djcatskratch

Reaction score
I have a general account question. Right now my family has myself, my mom, and my sister. My wife is on a family plan with her father and sisters. Is it possible for her to transfer over to my phone line, keep the same number, etc?

She's wanting a Pixi/Pre (don't kill me, I have a Droid, haha) and I figured I might as well add her to my plan.

Just need to know what all I need to do for that, thanks!

heavyMGS

Reaction score
I have a general account question. Right now my family has myself, my mom, and my sister. My wife is on a family plan with her father and sisters. Is it possible for her to transfer over to my phone line, keep the same number, etc?

She's wanting a Pixi/Pre (don't kill me, I have a Droid, haha) and I figured I might as well add her to my plan.

djcatskratch: what you are asking to do is pretty simple to do, it's called an AOL (Assumption of Liability).

She can keep her same number when she moves over to your account.

Basically, who ever the Account Owner is on the Account your wife is on needs to call Verizon Wireless and giver permission for you to take over her line. Then you have 30 days to call into VZW to assume the line. Both lines would have prorated charges based off of when they line left her family's account and then joined yours.

The one thing you want to pay attention to is if for whatever reason your wifes number is the Primary on the Family Share plan and she has a New Every Two amount that she would be able to take advantage of then do the upgrade first before you do the AOL because although her upgrade date does not change when you assume liability, she would loose her NE2 amount.

Any questions?

djcatskratch

Reaction score

djcatskratch: what you are asking to do is pretty simple to do, it's called an AOL (Assumption of Liability).

Basically, who ever the Account Owner is on the Account your wife is on needs to call Verizon Wireless and giver permission for you to take over her line. Then you have 30 days to call into VZW to assume the line. Both lines would have prorated charges based off of when they line left her family's account and then joined yours.

The one thing you want to pay attention to is if for whatever reason your wifes number is the Primary on the Family Share plan and she has a New Every Two amount that she would be able to take advantage of then do the upgrade first before you do the AOL because although her upgrade date does not change when you assume liability, she would loose her NE2 amount.

Any questions?

She's not the Primary so if she has NE2 then she should upgrade on her current plan THEN move to mine right?

heavyMGS

Reaction score

Any questions?

She's not the Primary so if she has NE2 then she should upgrade on her current plan THEN move to mine right?

If she is not the Primary Line then she doesn't have a NE2.

So you can move forward and do this process at any time.

Questions ?

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score

Any questions?

true that.

hey guys, i appreciate you ninja's out there picking up my slack (lol)
computer has been doing some updates (WOOO WINDOWS 7!!) so i have been kinda busy in my downtime getting my comp back and runing.

heavyMGS

Reaction score

Any questions?

true that.

hey guys, i appreciate you ninja's out there picking up my slack (lol)
computer has been doing some updates (WOOO WINDOWS 7!!) so i have been kinda busy in my downtime getting my comp back and runing.

Word. I will do what I can to help.

As far as djcatskratch's questions go, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that FCR was achieved. :icon_ banana:

Everybody always forgets the NE2 reset part.

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score
ok, so i just recently recieved a PM about a certain subject in particular, and thought i should tell you guys my thoughts (as well as VZW policy) on the matter.

The question was about an employee discount. As many of you know, ED's are what make it possible for many people afford being able to have 3, 2, and even sometimes just one cell phone. And...when discounts range anywhere from 8-30% (the extremes of what i have seen), if your cell bill each month is $250, THAT is QUITE a discount!

The senario placed before me was this:
"I had worked for *BLANK* for about 4 years, and they offer thru verizon, as well as other carriers, a significant discount of about 20%. A few months back, my company was going thru some cutbacks, and i was on the shortlist :( i just recieved my most recent bill in the mail, only to find that i was still recieving my discount! Now i didnt really think much of it till i read your post about retro-active account changes on the forum if verizon does an audit of your account...would this apply to me? i mean it isnt really my fault that they havent taken off my discount yet...right?"

ok, so heres my answer.........it isnt reaally about who's fault it is.
i mean, yea, its great that your still recieving your discount, and i am SURE its helping, especially with the lost job and all, HOWEVER, ....i CAN NOT and WILL not say it is "ok" or condone it. when you sign your life away when you first start your employee discount, they make no bones about it in that paperwork. vzw can and will (although, i will admit that it is in VERRY few cases) take legal action against someone who is falsifying information. and when you sign up, it states clear as day, that when you quit your current employer, you will notify verizon so that they can take your discount off.
this is kindof an ethics/luck situation. lol, if you feel comfortable with screwing "the man" by getting the discount as long as you can, and you want to test your luck...that is your decision.

take this example tho, and i will be done.
when circuit city went out of business (i know they arent gone completely people, but still) and SOOO many people lost their jobs, MOST of the ones that HAD cell phones, had VZW because the discount was somthing like, in this case, 20%. there was one man who worked there, had a family plan, and was getting a significant discount for about 8 months. verizon saw this, and said to themselves "hey...why is this guy getting a discount from a store that no longer exists". they back tracked his account, and found that he had not worked for circuit city for over 5 YEARS! yep, you guessed it....they took it away, and then he went from one month having about $200 bill to the next having about juuust over $3,000 in charges....ALL LEGITIMATE. he, of course, could not pay, and he was then taken to court, and ended up filing bankruptsy.
is it worth it to you....?

xjman349

Reaction score
ok, so i just recently recieved a PM about a certain subject in particular, and thought i should tell you guys my thoughts (as well as VZW policy) on the matter.

The question was about an employee discount. As many of you know, ED's are what make it possible for many people afford being able to have 3, 2, and even sometimes just one cell phone. And...when discounts range anywhere from 8-30% (the extremes of what i have seen), if your cell bill each month is $250, THAT is QUITE a discount!

"I had worked for *BLANK* for about 4 years, and they offer thru verizon, as well as other carriers, a significant discount of about 20%. A few months back, my company was going thru some cutbacks, and i was on the shortlist :( i just recieved my most recent bill in the mail, only to find that i was still recieving my discount! Now i didnt really think much of it till i read your post about retro-active account changes on the forum if verizon does an audit of your account...would this apply to me? i mean it isnt really my fault that they havent taken off my discount yet...right?"

i mean, yea, its great that your still recieving your discount, and i am SURE its helping, especially with the lost job and all, HOWEVER, ....i CAN NOT and WILL not say it is "ok" or condone it. when you sign your life away when you first start your employee discount, they make no bones about it in that paperwork. vzw can and will (although, i will admit that it is in VERRY few cases) take legal action against someone who is falsifying information. and when you sign up, it states clear as day, that when you quit your current employer, you will notify verizon so that they can take your discount off.
this is kindof an ethics/luck situation. lol, if you feel comfortable with screwing "the man" by getting the discount as long as you can, and you want to test your luck...that is your decision.

when circuit city went out of business (i know they arent gone completely people, but still) and SOOO many people lost their jobs, MOST of the ones that HAD cell phones, had VZW because the discount was somthing like, in this case, 20%. there was one man who worked there, had a family plan, and was getting a significant discount for about 8 months. verizon saw this, and said to themselves "hey...why is this guy getting a discount from a store that no longer exists". they back tracked his account, and found that he had not worked for circuit city for over 5 YEARS! yep, you guessed it....they took it away, and then he went from one month having about $200 bill to the next having about juuust over $3,000 in charges....ALL LEGITIMATE. he, of course, could not pay, and he was then taken to court, and ended up filing bankruptsy.

This is legit. I have seen it as well.

heavyMGS

Reaction score

This is legit. I have seen it as well.

So have I.

As much as it sucks, better safe then sorry.

While it may appear that short term the discount is helping, the possible long term consequences do not make this worth it.

The User would be much better of having a PP eval done, see where costs can be cut, while still retaining the ability to use the features they like to use, but on a more financially realistic level due to the job loss and whatever discount they were receiving.

If they can't find a happy medium with a new, lower calling plan then the option to suspend w/out billing for a while is always there.

I wouldn't want this to happen to somebody, so it's best to play by the rules.

djcatskratch

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Soon as tax rebate gets here, to the VZW Store we go, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.