VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanm1058123

Reaction score
one last question, dunno if you can answer this, 23 year old kid, first "on my own" plan. been on a family plan. i don't talk on the phone a ton, so i need the least amount of minutes. but i want the data plan which is $29.99. What is the minimum I'm going to have to pay every month after fees and stuff like that? Anywhere I can find out what im gonna be charged?

joker402

Reaction score
if you have a discount on your plan from an employer it will be around 90 ish unless that 69.99 plan comes to market

the plan would be 450, unlimited text, pix, vid, and web.

ryanm1058123

Reaction score
$90 every month? or is that just for the first time counting in the activation fees?

don't see how $40 + $30 turns into $90+.. even if you factor in the discount (which is about 20%)

joker402

Reaction score
That's with unlimited text. Also you have to factor in taxes whick average around 15%-18%.
$90 every month? or is that just for the first time counting in the activation fees?

don't see how $40 + $30 turns into $90+.. even if you factor in the discount (which is about 20%)

Sent from my DROIDX

blackdog043

Reaction score
I have a D1 and I want to delete my Gmail account, that was originally set up with my phone. I haven't used it since it was set up and forgot the password. I've tried to retreive the password but no luck. I thought he used the email address for the password also but thats not working either. I have another Gmail set up and just want to use that. I think you have to have Gmail for this phone, correct?
Thanks Bill

Last edited:

joker402

Reaction score
Only way to remove the primary Gmail is a full wipe, but you can always add secondary gmails.

blackdog043

Reaction score
Thanks I'll just leave it on there then, just can't retrieve any email from it.

Techjourney

Reaction score
Wireless Phone Protection or Total Equip Coverage?

My Droid 2 Global arrived on Monday. I've been really enjoying it. When I ordered it I selected the $6 Wireless Protection Plan. What would the $8 Total Equipment Coverage (Wireless Protection + Extended Warranty) do for me that the $6 plan would not cover? It seems to me that the extra $2 is just redundant. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Much Thanx

ionide

Reaction score
Your phone has a 1 year warranty on it covering any mechanical or software defects. The extended warranty does what it sounds like, extends your warranty past one year.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Okay, so this one has me baffled. I thought I knew what I was doing in this regards, but maybe I'm wrong.

This first came up a couple of weeks ago. I had a customer come in and set up a mobile broadband device. They already had an employee discount from their workplace on the account and when the prorate receipt printed out, it reflected that discount on the MBB device. I had thought that MBB was exempt from Employee Discounts, so I shrugged it off as the prorate receipt being wrong.

However, a week or so ago I set up my own MBB device on a completely new account (my phone is on a different account). Just for giggles, I set up my employee discount for my other job (yet another thing that Brown can do for you!). Much to my surprise, the employee discount is being applied to my MBB device.

Curious, I called my Indirect Account Manager and he told me flat out that employee discounts would not apply to MBB devices but yet here I am, with VZW.com telling me that my $35 mifi plan is only going to be $27 and change because of the 22% discount.

The reason I'm curious is because I want to throw my tablet, which I have been using as wifi only up til now (don't ask), onto my account but only on the $20 plan since I'll hardly use any actual network data since I'm in wifi about 90% of my day. Mostly so I will have an actual phone number for the tablet and can get Google Voice set up for texting.

Any insight from other Indirect Agent employees or Direct employees?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, its weird. I've seen it apply to some ECPD discounts but not others. I was thinking it would depend on the profile but I am not 100% that's the case though.

Okay, so this one has me baffled. I thought I knew what I was doing in this regards, but maybe I'm wrong.

This first came up a couple of weeks ago. I had a customer come in and set up a mobile broadband device. They already had an employee discount from their workplace on the account and when the prorate receipt printed out, it reflected that discount on the MBB device. I had thought that MBB was exempt from Employee Discounts, so I shrugged it off as the prorate receipt being wrong.

However, a week or so ago I set up my own MBB device on a completely new account (my phone is on a different account). Just for giggles, I set up my employee discount for my other job (yet another thing that Brown can do for you!). Much to my surprise, the employee discount is being applied to my MBB device.

Curious, I called my Indirect Account Manager and he told me flat out that employee discounts would not apply to MBB devices but yet here I am, with VZW.com telling me that my $35 mifi plan is only going to be $27 and change because of the 22% discount.

The reason I'm curious is because I want to throw my tablet, which I have been using as wifi only up til now (don't ask), onto my account but only on the $20 plan since I'll hardly use any actual network data since I'm in wifi about 90% of my day. Mostly so I will have an actual phone number for the tablet and can get Google Voice set up for texting.

DroidForums junkie!!

ryanm1058123

Reaction score
On my last phone, I had a sch-i760, which is a Windows Mobile phone. But I never had a data plan. I want to sign up for the Smartphones Talk Free promo

Verizon Wireless

would I be eligible for this plan? It says first time smartphone users, but I was technically never on a smart phone data plan. Any ideas?

lakas187

Reaction score
My Verizon App

I have four lines on my account, they are all droid x's. I wanted to know if there was any way of blocking the, my verizon app on all of them except for the primary line? I dont think my account info is anybody else's business but my own. :icon_eek:

vzwtek

Reaction score

Yes, the ELEU profiles are discounting the monthly plans, why i dont know, I guess the monthly plans are being billed as a data feature instead of a plan? Dont know why, I get the same discount on my card now too.

vzwtek

Reaction score
On my last phone, I had a sch-i760, which is a Windows Mobile phone. But I never had a data plan. I want to sign up for the Smartphones Talk Free promo

Verizon Wireless

would I be eligible for this plan? It says first time smartphone users, but I was technically never on a smart phone data plan. Any ideas?

If you got a new smartphone with the data feature, yes you qualify, it doesnt matter if you had a smartphone or not really, its up to the rep you are working with to do the plan change correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.