VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgb2448

Reaction score
can I get an employee discount if I still have an alltel package.smart choice 500

On this one I am not sure. Are you converted to a Verizon Wireless account? If so the discount would apply unless your plan is considered a promotional plan.

I just signed a new 2 year contract with verizon when I got my droid

xjman349

Reaction score

Cryostatic

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my Droid experience didn't work out with Verizon, since there doesn't appear to be service in my office building (anywhere I go, I get "Searching for Service").

Unfortunately, I need my phone, so this means I'll have to be switching back to my old provider, who must have a cell tower sitting on the roof. I moved my number from their service to here, and I'm curious how I go about moving it back. Is that something Verizon has anything to do with, or do I essentially call my old provider and have them reactivate the number?

It seems like this could turn into a complicated matter rather quickly, and I want to avoid as much confusion as possible on all ends.

xjman349

Reaction score
If you brought your number over you will need to have att port your number back.

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score
Hey tylonal!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU here,
your help is really appreciated!

Good to see that aq company like VWZ takes at least a little
care of the normal customers.

Thank You!

Tigger

hey no problem. im just glad that i am here and able to help when i can.
also, i have recieved some PM's from other vzw reps, and just want to thank you all in advance for any help you give with questions on this thread.

Do the employee discounts apply to data plans as well as the basic service?

yes, however the size of discount may not be the same. for instance, if somone is getting a 15% disount on their price plan,they might get a 15, 17, or even 20% discount on their data plans and accessories.

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score
lol, just thought id post this. i just got a letter from at&t.....aparently im elegible for 2 free phones if i switch now!! lmao. ...yaaayyy....i get to switch from a AMAZING moto droid to a crappy iphone....for FREE! haha

zero7starz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my Droid experience didn't work out with Verizon, since there doesn't appear to be service in my office building (anywhere I go, I get "Searching for Service").

Unfortunately, I need my phone, so this means I'll have to be switching back to my old provider, who must have a cell tower sitting on the roof. I moved my number from their service to here, and I'm curious how I go about moving it back. Is that something Verizon has anything to do with, or do I essentially call my old provider and have them reactivate the number?

It seems like this could turn into a complicated matter rather quickly, and I want to avoid as much confusion as possible on all ends.

Do any of your coworkers have Verizon? We've gotten quite a few similar complaints from other customers who have converted to the moto droid. It seems that its not a specific Verizon problem, and more of a motorola problem... One of my coworkers gets dropped calls through service areas that other Verizon customers not using a droid don't have issues with. If you're still under thirty days, you might consider testing out the HTC Droid Eris (or exchanging the Droid for another Droid as it might be a specific device problem), and see if that gets you any better service. If not, then I'd switch back to your old provider :(

coolkidd

Reaction score
i have looked at my account online and saw that i am getting billed for droid and eris for $45 each on data plan. We have 1400 family plan with 17% discount from my company. I also see that they have the $30 plan available. What would i be missing if i change my data plan from $45 to $30? I read that some droid can be on the $30 plan.... is the $30 plan unlimited as well?

xtreme

Reaction score
i have looked at my account online and saw that i am getting billed for droid and eris for $45 each on data plan. We have 1400 family plan with 17% discount from my company. I also see that they have the $30 plan available. What would i be missing if i change my data plan from $45 to $30? I read that some droid can be on the $30 plan.... is the $30 plan unlimited as well?

Yes the $30 plan is unlimited, the only thing you lose is the supposid corporate feature to be on an enterprise server, if your in need of corporate "Touchdown" in the market is a good way to get around the $45 data plan

xtreme

Reaction score
Hey tylonal, I'm here to help you out if you get overwhelmed or don't have time to answer some ?s, you know how those long days at work go

texasPI

Reaction score
I have the $30 data plan and am connected to an exchange account. As are many others. So no, you don't need the $45 data plan either way.

coolkidd

Reaction score

Yes the $30 plan is unlimited, the only thing you lose is the supposid corporate feature to be on an enterprise server, if your in need of corporate "Touchdown" in the market is a good way to get around the $45 data plan

Thanks a lot! I dont sync emails from work.... im changing my plan now... you guys just saved me $30! Thx!

Tomoid

Reaction score
Landline number for Droid?

I am thinking of dropping my AT&T landline phone I have had for about 30 years and getting another Droid. Is it possiable to get my 30 year old AT&T landline phone number switched to a Verizon Droid phone number?

xjman349

Reaction score
I am thinking of dropping my AT&T landline phone I have had for about 30 years and getting another Droid. Is it possiable to get my 30 year old AT&T landline phone number switched to a Verizon Droid phone number?

Yep. You can check your eligibility here.

Keep Your Number

xjman349

Reaction score
Hey tylonal, I'm here to help you out if you get overwhelmed or don't have time to answer some ?s, you know how those long days at work go

Same here as I have pretty much ninjaed half of this thread lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.