VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
it would, however if you go into a store throwing around things like "alternative number upgrades"....more often than not, the rep will have no clue how to do, or even WHAT that is. so....its just easier this way IMHO.

My rep was the one who told me, that's very interesting.

Do not all reps get informed of the same information?

(not flaming, just curious)

haha, you would think....
alas, this is not the case. depending where a rep is trained, who trained them, and how long the training is....ya know?
i can speak from personal experience, that when i was going thru my training, there were 8 different trainers for 8 different classes of 25 or MORE people. so...as you can imagine, over the course of a 7 or 8 week training course, things get missed, taught wrong, and skipped over.
i hate to say it. but its a fact. lol
so no.
witch is why whenever you call in, it is going to be a different experience.

I think my response got eaten, but I was just saying that does make some sense.

It is bothersome though to have such a variance in response to simple questions :(

xjman349

Reaction score
Alt upgrades, buddy upgrades, or secondary upgrades all mean the same thing just different terms.

tktouch12

Reaction score
What is the punishment for tethering our phones? And do u just look for large amounts of data or do you have a way to tell?

xjman349

Reaction score
We can figure it out. If you are at 6 gigs chances are you are tethering. We have a few tools that we can see every data connection made. Have I seen anyone with this issue? No. Could it happen absolutely. We would charge you the price for the mobile broadband connect which would be $30. The same price if you had a blackberry and were tethering.

xjman349

Reaction score
Hey thanks for being here. I haven't had any problems with VZW yet. All gravy. VZW to me is the best service I've had yet (incl. Sprint, Metro, AT&T, Alltel).

Do you have any info on rollever minutes and if you will ever offer it??

I just want you to know that Verizon does offer a service called Bonus Minutes. They are 500 minutes (if you qualify) that place on your account to cover overage. You have to be in the final 4 months of your contract. It does not extend your equipment contract so you would want to get these minutes before you get new equipment. They work the same as rollover minutes. They cover overage for 1 year or until they are exhausted. If you have more questions about this PM me I can give you more info.

Ace Benjamin

Reaction score
Hey thanks for being here. I haven't had any problems with VZW yet. All gravy. VZW to me is the best service I've had yet (incl. Sprint, Metro, AT&T, Alltel).

I just want you to know that Verizon does offer a service called Bonus Minutes. They are 500 minutes (if you qualify) that place on your account to cover overage. You have to be in the final 4 months of your contract. It does not extend your equipment contract so you would want to get these minutes before you get new equipment. They work the same as rollover minutes. They cover overage for 1 year or until they are exhausted. If you have more questions about this PM me I can give you more info.
That is quick and to the point. Thank you very much and I will PM you if I have any further questions.

xjman349

Reaction score

That is quick and to the point. Thank you very much and I will PM you if I have any further questions.
NP. :)

np.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
We can figure it out. If you are at 6 gigs chances are you are tethering. We have a few tools that we can see every data connection made. Have I seen anyone with this issue? No. Could it happen absolutely. We would charge you the price for the mobile broadband connect which would be $30. The same price if you had a blackberry and were tethering.

When I had tetherable phones (Moto Q & Samsung Saga) the tethering charge was $15.00/month. What's with the $30.00 charge?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey tylonal!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU here,
your help is really appreciated!

Good to see that aq company like VWZ takes at least a little
care of the normal customers.

Thank You!

Tigger
Wait, who are you calling normal? Here? :) Most VZW reps I know are very eager to help others on their own time which is something not everyone in other industries will do voluntarily.

papy72

Reaction score
Do the employee discounts apply to data plans as well as the basic service?

xjman349

Reaction score

When I had tetherable phones (Moto Q & Samsung Saga) the tethering charge was $15.00/month. What's with the $30.00 charge?

The reason it was 15 is because you were on a data plan that was 45 dollars. If you are currently under on the plan that is 45 the plan they would add would be the 15 dollar plan. Just like with bbs its dependent on what type of base data plan you have whether its the 46 or the 30.

xjman349

Reaction score
Do the employee discounts apply to data plans as well as the basic service?

Employee discounts are very different depending on the discount. Some have a data access discount some do not. If you have a data feature discount it will only apply to the main line of service on the account. If you have your employee profile ID I would be happy to look it up for you and PM you the information about the discount. If you arent sure what the profile ID is you can call vzw and we can give it to you. If it is a discount you don't have yet you can give me your domain name at work. (example @gmail.com, @wendys.com) and I can give you a rough estimate as well. You can also view discount information at Vzw.com/discounts. Hope this answers your questions.

rgb2448

Reaction score
can I get an employee discount if I still have an alltel package.smart choice 500

xjman349

Reaction score
can I get an employee discount if I still have an alltel package.smart choice 500

On this one I am not sure. Are you converted to a Verizon Wireless account? If so the discount would apply unless your plan is considered a promotional plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.