VZW Pulls Latest Samsung Galaxy S3 Update Because of Connectivity & Battery Issues

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-galaxy-s3-white-front-and-back.jpeg

Well that didn't last long. Just a couple of weeks ago, Verizon launched a new update for the Samsung Galaxy S3. It was supposed to offer a number of bug fixes. Although it did do that to a certain extent, apparently it also introduced a number of new issues so Verizon just yanked it. Shortly after its release, a number of users experienced poor LTE connectivity and decreased battery life issues. Verizon and Samsung are now working together to address these issues. Here's a quote with a few more details,

No time frame is given for the fix. Until that happens, there is a solution that has worked for some users. Go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks on your S3 and change the network mode to LTE/CDMA instead of Global. If that doesn't work and you've already installed the update, you'll have to wait and hope that the fix comes quickly.

Are you a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 user? Have you experienced the 4G LTE connectivity issues?

Source: AndroidAuthority

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The issue is with the newest radios VRBMB3 "the same radios have caused numerous issues in the XDA developers forum, till the developers fixed them", maybe Samsung should call some of the fellas over at XDA to help them out, LOL. Once you install the older "previous" radios VRBMB1 everything goes back to normal, from battery to connectivity. The only people that can run the older radios with the newest update is people who are rooted, so people without root are at the mercy of Samsung and Verizon. It has nothing to do with the new features that where installed, it has to do with the new baseband "Radios". I just don't understand how the software developers over at Samsung have not figured it out yet, but the fellas at XDA have.

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
i think the ETA will be when the S4 stops selling so well. Why would they want to give S3 owners many of the new goodies on the S3 with a simple update.

themuttt

Reaction score
LOL, so much for Verizon and their "extensive testing procedures" that slows every release to a crawl. The wife's S3 doesn't seem to be having these problems after the update (or at least she isn't yelling at me about applying the update like she did when I updated her Thunderturd) but she is nowhere near a power user so maybe she just isn't seeing it