VZW Petition to Ditch Contracts Nears 100k; Verizon Offers Expensive Payment Plans

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google also doesn't make a profit on phones. The whole point of Google's initiative is to drive android thus driving their data mining.

That is all.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, great networks cost a lot of money to build and maintain.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you open a new account for your son if he's not already falling under you? Put him on a plan that's inexpensive and covers what he needs. If you're already on a plan together, then as said above just buy your phone elsewhere and bring it in. You can pick up a new-in-box GSIII or something like that for not too much.

That said, once T-Mobile, Sprint, or US Cellular get their act together on coverage it's probably adios VZ for me if there's a device that I just have to have.
Good luck with that, none of those clowns will ever come even close to Verizons network, not in our lifetime, you need money to do what Verizon is doing, by the time they have LTE or decent coverage, Verizon will be on LTE +.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that, none of those clowns will ever come even close to Verizons network, not in our lifetime, you need money to do what Verizon is doing, by the time they have LTE or decent coverage, Verizon will be on LTE +.

As the machines said in The Matrix, there are certain levels of survival that I'm willing to accept. You do as you please but if they keep pushing I'm Audi 5000.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

It's ridiculous to think Verizon will be at the top forever, eventually someone will come along and slay Goliath, and it will be in our, or at least my, lifetime.

---
I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II

Reaction score
I have unlimited data vzw will never take my unlimited $720 for 2gb of data or pay full price for my phone. I'd rather pay full price. I don't wanna be told how much data I can use. My gf has caped data and she worries she will go over. Sorry I don't wanna be like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Im guessing that if VZW went ahead and offered no overage but throttled service when you go over, like everyone else, you guys would cry about that too? What can Verizon do to win with you? Unlimited talk, text and LTE data for $19/month, plus give you the best phone, for free? If they did that someone would still complain about the price, the coverage, how they wanted the white SGS4 to be free, rather than the gray one...

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use wifi, less data, or get a higher cap plan.

I have unlimited data vzw will never take my unlimited $720 for 2gb of data or pay full price for my phone. I'd rather pay full price. I don't wanna be told how much data I can use. My gf has caped data and she worries she will go over. Sorry I don't wanna be like that.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Im guessing that if VZW went ahead and offered no overage but throttled service when you go over, like everyone else, you guys would cry about that too? What can Verizon do to win with you? Unlimited talk, text and LTE data for $19/month, plus give you the best phone, for free? If they did that someone would still complain about the price, the coverage, how they wanted the white SGS4 to be free, rather than the gray one...

Throttled overage? On what service?

I'm on the T-Mobile $50/ plan and I'm a little over 500MB. But the true unlimited plan IS true unlimited HSPA speed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score

I'm always on the road. So I need unlimited plus I like having the freedom to use as much data as I like with no worries mins I can care less for 450 min and ulimted data and text I pay $60 a.month would you give that up. I think not

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

Seriously not everyone has the ability to have wifi ALL the time, nor can everyone afford the higher price of a raised cap

Why are you such a negative Nancy? If vzw offered no overage but throttles service that would be fine. Your really good at jumping on everyone else like your way is the only way right way, like no one else could possibly be right in their thoughts and opinions. I'm sorry I questioned you oh infallible one, I beg your forgiveness please teach me in the ways of being taken advantage of by companies. /sarcasm

Seriously though either your playing the Devils advocate or your an extremely opinionated person who's had the wool pulled over her eyes by corporate America.

---
I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far T-Mobile has been pretty good about this. AT&T is really the big one I was referring to. I have several AT&T friends who, when they go over a certain amount of data their speed gets limited. I can't decide if I would like that better or worse than having to pay overage for LTE.

Throttled overage? On what service?

I'm on the T-Mobile $50/ plan and I'm a little over 500MB. But the true unlimited plan IS true unlimited HSPA speed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're right. I apologize for coming across like that. I understand the position of those with unlimited plans, and their desire to keep it, their pains with cost, etc. I honestly do. I used to have an unlimited plan a few years ago, and made the conscious decision to upgrade to a better phone at a discount, and willfully and intentionally made the choice to do so. As a result I lost my unlimited data, but that was choice I made rather than paying full retail for my phone. Recently I had an occasion to go back to an unlimited plan. Either way I work hard not to be abusive. I use my phone a lot, but still don't manage to use over about 6GB a month.

• It frustrates me that Verizon gets tagged so hard for nixing their unlimited plan, for a few reasons:
  • They still left a mechanism for older customers to keep their unlimited plan. They may not like it, but it is what it is. Verizon may have been better off just killing all unlimited plans a long time ago.
  • I am in a position now to where I understand the cost associated the unlimited plans, operating and maintaining a great network, etc.
  • A lot of people regard their unlimited data plan as being equivalent to the bill of rights. Having an unlimited data plan is not a guaranteed right in the US Constitution.
  • Lastly, I feel like a lot of the folks here are a lot like people who complain about how screwed up this country is and then don't go and vote. Specifically, folks that say "If Verizon didn't have such great coverage I would leave in a second." This is a two part situation. 1. They have exceptional coverage because of the billions they dump into their network every year. 2. If you don't like it actually leave. If enough people do it, they will listen. Complaining without follow through helps nothing.

Again, Im sorry to come across as a mega-bit...jerk. :) I'm usually a really laid back girl. Ill work on that!

Seriously though either your playing the Devils advocate or your an extremely opinionated person who's had the wool pulled over her eyes by corporate America.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm not pointing any fingers, just putting in a reminder. Several posts back we, the staff, asked everyone to keep it nice & respectful. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If this thread turns into a bickering match, it will be closed. If anyone crosses the line, I will pass out vacations.