VZW on Fri, thats nice, -What about the rest of us...

Dmw017

Reaction score
So... yay for the all the news popping up for the LTE NexIII -.- what about the rest of us...
No news, disappointing beyond all reason... I want my Galaxus
Anyone have any news about the HSPA+ model?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
if your talking about att sprint and all of that goodness....you got a while....hell if i was you, id get a gs2 and be done with it.

steevo

Reaction score
if your talking about att sprint and all of that goodness....you got a while....hell if i was you, id get a gs2 and be done with it.

Not me. The gs2 was going to be my next phone, but when I heard about the Galaxy Nexus, there was no doubt that the Nexus was the one I had to have. If I have to buy the phone unlocked and pay full price, then that is what I will do.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
lol yeah im going to pass on the sg2, razr, that htc phone, and anything else that is pushed out of the factory. NexIII is my next phone and if all hell breaks loose with this charlie foxtrot, ill just import the overpriced, 16 gig, nexus >.> ... last resort.. but there it is...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah GS3 should be coming out 2 months after the HSPA Nexus comes out on the other carriers, I'd wait if I wasn't on Verizon. Remember the GSII came out nearly 8 months ago now and it's still very relevant and even comparable to the 3 phones being released now. I imagine the GS3 will be ahead of it's time as well.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Yeah GS3 should be coming out 2 months after the HSPA Nexus comes out on the other carriers, I'd wait if I wasn't on Verizon. Remember the GSII came out nearly 8 months ago now and it's still very relevant and even comparable to the 3 phones being released now. I imagine the GS3 will be ahead of it's time as well.

The SG3 won't come out until Summer 2012 and that's a guarantee.
Besides... nothing can beat a Nexus other than another Nexus.
The incoming quad-cores? I'm not impressed. Don't need crazy cpus, work on other parts of the phone. It's overkill imo, and I'm a hardcore gamer.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree that quad cores are worthless, but the GSIII will have a better GPU and a Super Amoled + screen. So it's definitely in the ring against the HSPA Nexus which will be a few months old by then.

I don't think it will be Summer, Samsung is pumping out devices almost as quick as Moto=P I may be calling it a little early, but I'd say we'll see it by April, which should be around 2-3 months after the HSPA Nexus release.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
I agree that quad cores are worthless, but the GSIII will have a better GPU and a Super Amoled + screen. So it's definitely in the ring against the HSPA Nexus which will be a few months old by then.

I don't think it will be Summer, Samsung is pumping out devices almost as quick as Moto=P I may be calling it a little early, but I'd say we'll see it by April, which should be around 2-3 months after the HSPA Nexus release.

I had my Droid 3 for 2-3 months before I sold it off for the Galaxus... if the screen is terrible on my new phone and the gpu is failing, i might consider switching.. other than that, theres really no reason to lose the great things about the Nex for a slight improvement to an already killer scree and gpu (outdated but overclocked and best option, no probs here). :)
The Nexiii just has too much to offer ;p

nbucko

Reaction score
I think it will be a while before we see widespread use of dual cores on phones as far as apps are concerned. By the time having a quad core is really useful you'll probably be close to an upgrade if you get the Nexus.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had my Droid 3 for 2-3 months before I sold it off for the Galaxus... if the screen is terrible on my new phone and the gpu is failing, i might consider switching.. other than that, theres really no reason to lose the great things about the Nex for a slight improvement to an already killer scree and gpu (outdated but overclocked and best option, no probs here). :)
The Nexiii just has too much to offer ;p

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting the Nexus on Verizon and wouldn't trade it for anything, I'm just pointing out something people on other carriers will have to think about when the HSPA Nexus is released.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm getting the Nexus on Verizon and wouldn't trade it for anything, I'm just pointing out something people on other carriers will have to think about when the HSPA Nexus is released.

I'm getting the HSPA+ Nex because VZW doesn't have prepaid 4G plans. Really excited ^.^

LuvMusic

Reaction score
I agree that quad cores are worthless.......

This is not entirely true. While the boost in performance will be small, quad cores will probably run at a lower frequency than dual cores which saves juice....extends the life of your battery. From what I've read, these LTE phones need all the help they can get with battery life. Quad cores will also help the phone run cooler. FTW, don't be too fast to discount the value of quad cores.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
First generation quad cores won't run cooler unless their dies are dramatically smaller than dual cores. You still have 4 cores being passively cooled in a very small device.

And a lower clock speed will actually result in poorer performance until software is more optimized to incorporate multi-threading.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Anybody on AT&T or T-Mobile can import one from Europe when it releases there and activate it on your service. It would be costly but very easy.