Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Galaxy-Note-Edge1.jpg

For the VZW Note Edge owners, it looks like we have access to Lollipop but only via the VZW Upgrade Assistant Tool (on your PC or Laptop) or via Kies.

You will need to plug your phone into your PC or Laptop to complete the update - there are reports of the update taking longer than projected on the VZW assistant popup (like 2+ hours more)...I am just under 20 minutes right now, and the update is still downloading.

It does not appear that the update can be pulled via OTA just yet - but doesn't hurt to keep checking. I also checked out the Verizon Update Page and it is not showing an active update there either so no PDF link to include with the "software benefits".

Once I am up and running, I will definitely report back with some more details and if any of the VZW Note Edge owners have updated,give us a shout out with what you know!

Last edited by a moderator:

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I have done a LOT of research about which device I will be upgrading my LG G3 to on July 31 this year. The VZW Note Edge is what I picked. For quite a few reasons, this device came out on top, even more so than the LG G4. Once I get mine, I will start poking around in it, see what kind of ROM I can make!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use the edge for work..this would be awesome... Guess if i have to plug it in..i have to plug it in...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just checked..and I'm able to pull it ota...

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I just checked..and I'm able to pull it ota...

I figured if it was on the VZW Software Update page, it would be available via OTA - so that is great news!

There has been a few reports of issues with using the VZW assistant - either not installing the software or having non-operable devices...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It comes in 2 parts ota