Vzw Nexus Week 1

DROOIID

Reaction score
I love mine DancingNexus. I feel bad for my dead droid sitting on my desk. It served me well but doesn't hold a candle to this one now. Currently battery on 27hrs 5 min and still has 32% left so battery not an issue. Normal light useage with assorted calls and watched one movie on it and played a couple games. About 3 hrs on 4g rest on wifi. Volume fixed with volume+ and found the solution for file transfer issues. Love the camera even - I'm not a photographer and it beats most others I have seen. Unlocked, rooted, cwr stock 4.0.2 rom.

How exactly are you getting 27 plus hours on a charge? Heavy / light usage, undervolted, extended battery? Mine gets like 6 at the most.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
On my second after a VZW recommended exchange. Still bad battery life and reception. Hoping for a true update fix. Not just he placebo they are taking about putting out.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loving it. Have had no data/signal issues, 4G's been great, battery has been between 9-13hrs depending on use and it's the quickest phone I've ever used.

Not to mention it looks and feels incredible.

big al

Reaction score
Love everything except the 3G 4G connectivity..having some real issues there.
Other than the low volume that was fixed with volume+ I am really loving the device.

Just lookin for the radio baseband etc fixes and Im good

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On my second after a VZW recommended exchange. Still bad battery life and reception. Hoping for a true update fix. Not just he placebo they are taking about putting out.

I am hoping for a fix as well. I must admit I chose to sit on the sideline and wait and see if an update actually fix it.

Dmyers557

Reaction score
I love mine. I don't have any signal issues and my battery is starting to last alot longer. I think the 5mp camera takes way better pics then the 8mp camera my Droid x had. Definately better components is the reason. I have no complaints, everything is running smoothly. Oh yea, I do want my swipe back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I am hoping for a fix as well. I must admit I chose to sit on the sideline and wait and see if an update actually fix it.

I'm leaning that way. What good is a top tier device if it leaves you hanging and you have to baby it to keep from running out of juice. Never had these issues with my DX or my Bionic. Used them freely because I knew I would still have plenty of battery by the time I got home.

wil318466

Reaction score
I'm baffled by the people complaining. I don't think they are lying, but I just can't see the experiences being that much different.

This is the best device I've ever bought without a doubt. It's very close to perfect, and I'm a critical, picky person.

Couldn't be happier, unless it was free.

GenieAngel

Reaction score
I'm definitely enjoying it so far! Definitely my favorite Android option at the moment... plus, I don't think I could return / exchange even if I wanted to since I already exchanged another device FOR the nexus. DancingNexus

So did I, you could return the nexus, it doesn't matter than you already made an exchange. It's not our fault they can't get these phones right!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm baffled by the people complaining. I don't think they are lying, but I just can't see the experiences being that much different.

This is the best device I've ever bought without a doubt. It's very close to perfect, and I'm a critical, picky person.

Couldn't be happier, unless it was free.

We are complaining because we have a phone that can't be used in the way it should be. Sporadic reception and miserable battery life are not the makings of a great phone. As far as experiences being that different just drop by the Bionic forum. You will see post after post of people having one issue after another. Me??? Mine has been 100% trouble free.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Love everything except the 3G 4G connectivity..having some real issues there.
Other than the low volume that was fixed with volume+ I am really loving the device.

Just lookin for the radio baseband etc fixes and Im good

How did you get volume+ to work. You are one of the lucky ones.

Myself and others have paid and it does not work. I didn't read the warnings before I purchased the app. It doesn't work on the nexus.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How did you get volume+ to work. You are one of the lucky ones.

Myself and others have paid and it does not work. I didn't read the warnings before I purchased the app. It doesn't work on the nexus.

because there is a full free version from devs website.

http://db.tt/Jd1TVzgj

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We are complaining because we have a phone that can't be used in the way it should be. Sporadic reception and miserable battery life are not the makings of a great phone. As far as experiences being that different just drop by the Bionic forum. You will see post after post of people having one issue after another. Me??? Mine has been 100% trouble free.

I disagree. The tbolt is a great phone....but if you look back at the history of it you see similar complaints. Rebooting and poor battery life. Within 3-4 months...I had cm7 ...then liquid 3.2....IMO kernel... undervolted and a rezound battery giving me 20+ hours battery life...pretty much rags to riches

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I disagree. The tbolt is a great phone....but if you look back at the history of it you see similar complaints. Rebooting and poor battery life. Within 3-4 months...I had cm7 ...then liquid 3.2....IMO kernel... undervolted and a rezound battery giving me 20+ hours battery life...pretty much rags to riches

OK so what about my post are you disagreeing with.

And you must realize not everyone roots and flashes. ROMS that fix issues are fine and dandy. But where does that leave those that may want to stay stock???

Tap'd from my Galaxy Nexus