Vzw Nexus Week 1

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We are a week in to the Nexus gracing our presence and in that time things have changed. Some are enjoying there device while others may not be quite so happy. With new tech there is always bugs and those that can endure the bugs normally stick it out while others bail out early. So One week in I want to get some info from nexus owners. Do you still have your device, what you like, what you hope gets fixed. And those that have returned their nexus why did you return it and what did you exchange it for. And as always keep it civil and be respectful.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I like how the phone feels in my hand the screen is nice! I hope for better signal and improvements on the battery and camera oh yea hope we get a Facebook sync! Other than that I am happy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I'm definitely enjoying it so far! Definitely my favorite Android option at the moment... plus, I don't think I could return / exchange even if I wanted to since I already exchanged another device FOR the nexus. DancingNexus

GoBears

Reaction score
I am very impressed overall. I love the smooth refined feeling of the OS. I think it combined with the hardware make for an awesome experience. My only gripes are the signal crap and battery life. I do believe both will be improved with updates. I love this phone more everyday. Definitely a keeper.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Love mine. It's not going anywhere. DancingNexus I'm getting good battery life and no data issues.

Also this phone has been out a week and look at all the ROMS out for it already...:D

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I love the nexus and still have it , but the weak signal and a lack of a good car dock is really starting to eat at me. Hopefully these problems will be resolved soon. I have found workarounds for my other problems (file transfer and low sound volume)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've returned my nexus 2 times. First time overheating and severe battery drain (like 2 hours down to 30 percent with minimal use).

Second today... my in call earpiece speaker was busted. Sounded like a kazoo lol.

If this one has a prob I'll get another. Don't want any other phone on vzw right now.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I love mine DancingNexus. I feel bad for my dead droid sitting on my desk. It served me well but doesn't hold a candle to this one now. Currently battery on 27hrs 5 min and still has 32% left so battery not an issue. Normal light useage with assorted calls and watched one movie on it and played a couple games. About 3 hrs on 4g rest on wifi. Volume fixed with volume+ and found the solution for file transfer issues. Love the camera even - I'm not a photographer and it beats most others I have seen. Unlocked, rooted, cwr stock 4.0.2 rom.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Before the Nexus I had a RAZR for a week, after one week it was just another Android phone with a cool shell and I couldn't care less about it. The Nexus on the other hand just feels amazing,I can easily spend two years with it.

duyna

Reaction score
I definitely am in love with this phone lol the screen is incredible only thing is the ability to sync facebook

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I definitely am in love with this phone lol the screen is incredible only thing is the ability to sync facebook

Please consider that a blessing .. my old saying for what it's worth.. "Friends don't let friends use facebook!!"

catfisher

Reaction score
I love my phone. I need to fix up this battery thing a bit but I am happy overall. I have been hesitant to pull the trigger in rooting...don't know why. I think it would help just as much as it helped my X.

Overall, once the apps catch up with ICS, there will be nothing to complain about at all. This thing is awesome. I miss the X but I feel like it was traded for something much better, not just different (cough, cough RAZR).