VZW Livingsocial Coupon ($50 value for $25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I live 20 miles from Living Social - they are huge.

Unfortunately the offer expired at the end of the year and there were no accessories I wanted for the GN...

pyro6128

Reaction score
then why are there people in this thread stating they're coupon didn't work at the vzw store? :icon_eek:

Sometimes there are issues with the coupons. It's still a fairly new company. They're pretty good with refunds as well. They are absolutely not a scam though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I've bought several deals from Living Social and never had any problems. They are legit.

I was able to get the $50 VZW voucher for FREE since 3 other people used the link I shared. :happy:

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
then why are there people in this thread stating they're coupon didn't work at the vzw store? :icon_eek:

Because the coupon was poorly designed. There were two UPC codes on it -- one for the purchase value, and a second for the discount value during the period when it was valid. If the cashier only scanned the one UPC, you only got the $25. They had to scan both.

I had to be very insistent with the VZW staff to get my full discount. When they saw that I was serious about walking out without buying anything, they figured it out.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
i used my Living Social coupon when i bought my Nexus along with a $150 gift card. luckily, the manger was handling my transaction and knew exactly what to do with the living social UPC's. one was a $25 'refund' and the other was a $25 'discount', and then my $150 gift card.

it was painless and hardly a scam.

i bought the living social deal with the expectation of the nexus being released before the coupon expired and it worked.

megaman33

Reaction score
The coupons offered on sites like LivingSocial and Groupon are not scams at all, it is just that sometimes when we want to use them either the store has no idea of their existence/how to use them or there are additional stipulations that we were not aware of when we purchased the coupon. I think these new coupon sites are great but as they are still new to the market they do have a few bugs to work out.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
The Livingsocial coupon has two barcodes. Verizon stores are always confusd how to process the coupon. One barcode is processed as a coupon in their system BEFORE the final payment screen; part two is when they are at the final payment screen the other barcode is the $25 as a gift-card payment. They can then process a final payment if there is any balanced left over - we always spend more than we want to at Verizon. lol.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.