VZW Livingsocial Coupon ($50 value for $25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alienware777

Reaction score
You can use the 25$ until 2016, so its not like your losing money.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MdicnMan

Reaction score
In case anyone is looking at their credit card statement and seeing a charge... DON'T PANIC... if you got the three buyers, it will either be credited, or just disapear if it was just the authorization. (been down this road before and called in a panic)

Thanks to everyone that helped make this work for so many people. :hail:

JJ

c1im8er

Reaction score
Major frustration

So I went to a Verizon store today for some Galaxy Nexus accessories. I figured I'd get the Otterbox case, the extra battery/charger combo, and the car dock, get 20% off for buying 3 accesories, and pay using my $50 living social voucher. It was not to be. First, the manager did her best to prevent me from using the voucher: "Oh, it's only worth $25. In order to get the $50 dollars you had to use it during Black Friday weekend." I explained that I was quite sure that the $50 was good until Dec. 31st and showed them the fine print. She still wasn't completely convinced and went away to do some research since they were having trouble scanning the voucher. They finally figured out that $25 of the voucher counts as a $25 giftcard (one of the numbers on the voucher) and $25 counts as a coupon (the other number on the voucher). And as soon as the coupon code from the voucher went in went in, the computer removed the 20% discount. They explained that this was the meaning of the fine print on the voucher saying it couldn't be combined with other discounts.

Disgusted, I said I didn't want any of the accessories and walked out (after they voided the payment).
So, I understand if this is the way they do business and the way the computer handles the voucher. It was just frustrating. So be warned that this could occur if you plan on buying several accessories. I may try calling telesales and see if they can do it that way. However, I have a feeling the same thing will occur.

nightwo|f

Reaction score
Yea I coudn't combine mine with any discounts (such as the NE2 I had and I was only getting the phone at launch). Ended up letting my boss use it for her Nexus since she bought my Nexus for me so I couldn't complain.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Yea I coudn't combine mine with any discounts (such as the NE2 I had and I was only getting the phone at launch). Ended up letting my boss use it for her Nexus since she bought my Nexus for me so I couldn't complain.

I had the same problem. The NE2 apparently a promotion/discount and therefore it won't work. Fortunately, it was fine for accessories.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Yeah, I had stopped in a Verizon store the other day to grab the Otterbox and they were saying it was only worth $25 and I insisted that it was $50. I pointed out that it was probably conflicting with my employer discount, and they figured out that they needed to scan both UPCs.

c1im8er

Reaction score
Yeah, I had stopped in a Verizon store the other day to grab the Otterbox and they were saying it was only worth $25 and I insisted that it was $50. I pointed out that it was probably conflicting with my employer discount, and they figured out that they needed to scan both UPCs.

Yep, the manager I was dealing with who thought it was only worth $25 told me that the only other person who she had seen with the voucher only got $25 for it :icon_ nono2:. Don't know why that customer didn't question it.

megaman33

Reaction score
These coupons from Groupon and LivingSocial are really awesome, but I always come to find out that when I try to use them there are stipulations, rules and just pandemonium that ruins your day. It makes me wonder if notifications are being sent out to the stores that we are supposed to be using these coupons at, I would imagine the corporate would know, but don't they let the small stores that these coupons are going to be used at know?

angelman

Reaction score
I agree. I went to redeem mine in one Verizon store. Unfortunately I did not have a print out, just the coupon on my phone. They tried to scan in the barcode but couldnt. They said they couldnt take it. I told them to just type in the numbers at the bottom of the barcode. The guy gave a half hearted attempt at this and gave up. I asked if I could buy the phone now and get the credit if I returned with the paper the next day. He agreed. Of course that did not happen. In the end I was able to use the coupon on my phone at another store where the guy just typed in the number on barcode.

Reaction score
A thread exact to this one just got closed a couple hours ago. I think the mods are considering it spam. Don't be surprised if this one too gets locked as well. Just a heads up.

never heard of living social, and not sure why verizon would offer a coupon solely on their site. sounds like a scam. i wouldn't put my cc number on there if i was you.

pyro6128

Reaction score
never heard of living social, and not sure why verizon would offer a coupon solely on their site. sounds like a scam. i wouldn't put my cc number on there if i was you.

Living social isn't a scam. It's a widely known service. It's basically the same as google offers and groupon. It may not have been rolled out in your city though. Here in nyc it's fairly popular.

Think about it logically, if the coupons on living social could be found elsewhere, then why would you need to use the service? The whole point of these offer sites is to provide exclusive coupons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Living social isn't a scam. It's a widely known service. It's basically the same as google offers and groupon. It may not have been rolled out in your city though. Here in nyc it's fairly popular.

Think about it logically, if the coupons on living social could be found elsewhere, then why would you need to use the service? The whole point of these offer sites is to provide exclusive coupons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

then why are there people in this thread stating they're coupon didn't work at the vzw store? :icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.