Vzw galaxy nexus root thread

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Also, why is the rom in the first link 185MB when the update downloaded to my phone was something like 38MB?

I had already attempted the OTA, which failed, but now when I check for updates it says my phone is up to date, but my android version is 4.0.2 and my baseband version is I515.09

Thanks again

The ROM is 185MB because it isn't an update, it is the full ROM. Meaning you can install it over whatever and get to that build. The 38MB only updates 4.0.2 > 4.0.4 .

About your baseband, that isn't the full baseband is it? As that doesn't tell what radios you have. I515 is the phone model, and 09 is hardware version. There should be some stuff after that, if so those should be your radios. FC04 and FC05 are the most up to date versions.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank cupfol was in the gym so could not answer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

moracca

Reaction score
The ROM is 185MB because it isn't an update, it is the full ROM. Meaning you can install it over whatever and get to that build. The 38MB only updates 4.0.2 > 4.0.4 .

About your baseband, that isn't the full baseband is it? As that doesn't tell what radios you have. I515 is the phone model, and 09 is hardware version. There should be some stuff after that, if so those should be your radios. FC04 and FC05 are the most up to date versions.

ah sorry I misunderstood a post in another forum. full baseband ends in V.EK05 / I515.EK02

I guess my next question now that I've decided to just run flash the new image, is how. I have transferred the zip from the first link to my sdcard and have all drivers installed for the phone so I had adb access. What do I do to run the install? Or should it be done by booting into clockworkmod?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once you put the radios and ROM on your phone just flash it in recovery like you would a rom.

moracca

Reaction score
Thanks guys, got the 4.0.4 update applied successfully. Going to do the radios shortly. Is there any truth to the forum posts stating their effective bandwith was cut in half when they updated them?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The link i posted has the zip file to flash the radios in recovery mode as well so you really don't have to set up anything.

steveil

Reaction score
If you want to take the official ota you must go back to stock and relock.

But why do that you are aready unlocked and rooted and are probably going to re-unlock especially with all the cool stuff happening. SO here is the BEST thing to do.

Flash this in recovery.

[ROM]IMM76K 4.0.4 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign + MODs - xda-developers
and flash the radios
[CDMA][Radio][Bootloader]4.0.4 IMM76K Radios and Bootloader - xda-developers

It is the same as the ota and you do not have to relock. It is a time saver especially with all the newer and cooler roms coming out. But basically put the files from those 2 links on your sd card, wipe data, cache, dalvik cache and you are all set. (basically same as flashing a new rom). Though it should not mess with your data I recommend being safe and backing up music and pictures. You can back up apps with tibu too just dont restore system data.

You do not need to relock to accept the OTA. I used 2 free tools (probably only needed 1). I used Voodoo OTA Root Keeper to save su. I used Android Root Toolkit to flash the stock recovery. I accepted the OTA. Restored root and then used the toolkit to flash CWM.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Not trying to Hijack the thread or post anything contrary...

Try a Google search for: Wug Galaxy Nexus Root . I had an issue where I simply could not get back to root access with the already posted information. One click does it all. P.S. it turned out that I had an issue with ADB on my phone in the boot loader mode which the toolkit found and had a step by step guide to "fix". Again, just trying to help others out that may be in the same boat.

soulshot96

Reaction score
I also used wugs toolkit to root my nexus. I couldn't get adb set up for some reason, the toolkit sorted it all out for me. I highly recommend it.