Vzw experiencing outage nationwide for LTE

Stromboni

Reaction score
Bolt owners - it's been awhile and I can't remember... what app was it that could be used to change back to evdo from ehrpd for 3G? Or was it even an app?

"LTE on off" or something similar.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Stromboni

Reaction score
11:32 here in SC on a rooted TBOLT and I'm still experiencing inconsistent data connection.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
"LTE on off" or something similar.

I know that turns off LTE and makes it 3G only, but does it also change to evdo, or still keep it on eHRPD? Sorry... don't have a device to check this on right now.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
found it:

##778# hit dial, edit mode, password is 000000, modem settings, Rev. A, change to enabled, instead of eHRPD, hit menu, commit changes, reboot

unless things are different, for those of you still experiencing the outage and getting no 3G as well, that should get your 3G back... just know that once 4G is back up, the handoff between 4G and 3G won't be as smooth or fast (maybe smooth isn't the best word... ;))

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Anyone else call verizon for service credit? I just got off the phone with them. The rep was kinda rude and said they were not giving out credit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
Anyone else call verizon for service credit? I just got off the phone with them. The rep was kinda rude and said they were not giving out credit.

Why would they give you credit? It's not like you couldn't use 3G...

Hollywood67

Reaction score
I was unable to use 4g. There was also no 3g on my phone. I know others were able to connect for data...not me

lanza_david

Reaction score
Why would they give you credit? It's not like you couldn't use 3G...

Actually, for 4G LTE phones, there was/(is for me still) NO data at All. NO 3G, NO 4G. So yes, they should give us a credit.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree that if they dont have it restored by at least mid day they should credit their customers. People are paying premium prices for phone and data and they are having outages. If it was a one time issue fine. But this has happen three times before and they have not had 4g out a year yet.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't use 3g either until after my last break at work (5:30 am).

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there's a way into the Bionic's EPST settings like on the Bolt, those without 3G should be able to get it back as stated before... but that appears to be a big "if" at this point. Heck, the Bionic might not even have something like that...

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am in Tucson and it has been up and down since yesterday morning. Right now I am in a 4g area but turned it off because it was killing my phone to search for the service. So I have 3g but it is bouncing down to 1x constantly. Sure wish they would figure out the issue and get it fixed. The search for signal is killing my battery.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Uhm, idk what you guys are talking about. I have a 4G phone (Thunderbolt), and my 3G has worked fine. I haven't had a problem at all this or last week... so I feel like thats more an issue with your phone than the LTE outage.