VZW employee with an attitude?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mkthnx001, May 6, 2010.

1. mkthnx001

mkthnx001 New Member

So I am currently on my 3rd Droid.

I returned my first one, which I ordered the original release date, because of the keyboard coming undone/unglued. I returned my second one for the same reason. However, when returning the second one, I was assisted by the same VZW employee as the first time (an elderly woman).

The woman acted as if I was purposely doing damage to my Droid. She was asking things like "Where do you leave your phone?" I also made a remark when first approaching her saying "Can you believe this happened again?", and she replies with "No, I cannot..." in a smart-*** kind of way. She made it seem like I was trying to con my way into getting a new Droid, when I wasn't.

Anywho, I noticed yesterday that my current Droid's screen is loose ( when texting, etc. ) after I decided to use my phone without a case for the front, but just for the back.

Well, I would really like to return my Droid for another, but am worried I will run into the same employee again.

Any suggestions? What if it is her again, and she refuses to exchange my phone, or something along those lines?

Any help is appreciated; thanks in advance!

P.S.: When leaving the store the second time, another (younger) woman that helped my sister get a new phone on the first visit made a comment saying something like "Next time you need something, come to me!" I'm guessing she knew of the elderly woman's attitude? If only all employees could be like this one. :/
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Maybe go to a different location.
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    yeah I was gonna suggest going to a different store.
  4. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

Or you could do THAT. And if she is cute enough, you can ask her for her number. :)
  5. mkthnx001

mkthnx001 New Member

Any other ideas? I shouldn't have to waste gas money just because someone has an attitude. :/

Didn't pay $199.99 for nothing. :p
  6. arty2hottie

arty2hottie New Member

go talk to the other girl.
  7. billyidle

billyidle New Member

Use the phone, they'll mail a new one out in a day or two.
  8. nagmier

nagmier New Member

or you could ask to speak to the PITA employees boss and complain... not like she should be getting away with that in a customer service position
  9. LtKen

LtKen New Member

^This is the right answer.
  10. mkthnx001

mkthnx001 New Member

Well, I completely forgot about just calling the insurance company, and having a new one shipped.

And yes, there is the other woman, but she isn't positioned in the customer service area of the establishment, but it would be worth a shot anyway. I think I'll go with the latter idea, as it takes 2 days for shipping, and that would require me to wait until Monday, or Tuesday.

I also think I'll be contacting Verizon to file a complaint on the bad employee as well.

Thanks for all the help!
  11. Signum

Signum Member

you can file as many complaints as you want, nothings gonna happen. there is no complaint department
  12. EbE404

EbE404 New Member

My two bits. Obviously, I don't know the details of the exchange here, but I don't think it's unusual to ask legitimate questions about how you use or handle your phone with a failure like this-as long as it's done with respect and courtesy (sounds like it wasn't here).

Everybody has bad days, and perhaps she was having a bad one and was not being as pleasant to you as she could/should have been. Customer service can be a tough gig, and perhaps you just stumbled on a bad day for her.

If you really feel that that this is a physical or manufacturing defect-something that is covered under the warranty, then take it back to the store. You're right, you should not have to burn extra gas to return a bad phone.

Whatever rep you get (same woman or not), be nice and explain in detail what happened, why you believe you should get an exchange, and the history of the phone (these repeated failures do seem unusual to me for the Droid). If they take care of you, your good. If they don't, or you get unwarranted attitude, ask to speak to the manager.

Rule number one for situations like this with CS reps is always be nice. You may be pissed off at the phone, but it's not their fault. They are there to help you get it resolved. Also, since they spend a lot of time dealing with angry or dissatisfied people, you would be surprised how being nice can get you better (sometimes much better) service. It always amazes me how abusive some people can be to CS reps (not you, but maybe the customer she helped right before you), people game the system, etc.

So, maybe she was having a bad day, in which case pleasantness and humor will probably help.

Or, maybe she's just a *****, in which case the manager should be able to resolve it.
  13. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

Don't be intimidated. Go back to the store and get you another phone. What's it to her? She ain't paying your bill.
  14. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    there is also the option of calling customer service, explain what happened and they will most likely just send you another phone and you would send that one in. That way if you just dont want to deal with that person or the hassle of getting someone else, you can take care of it from the comforts of your own home. Just another option.
  15. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

You hit the nail on the head buddy, I've had CS jobs in one form or another for the past 8 or 9 years and absolutely hate it (well most CS jobs, working in my campus's pc lab is awesome). The main thing that I hate is people can be a complete a$$ to you and you have to be all nice and cheery to them even though they are screaming at the top of their lungs and complaining about something stupid (most of the time, this isnt directed at the OP). I once had this woman yell at me up and down when I worked at Family Dollar because a picture frame was originally $5 and it was supposed to be half off and instead of being marked $2.50 it was $3. I was so pissed off at her I had to go get my manager to talk to her for me because I was about a nanometer away from flipping out on her.

As for your issue, go to the same store and if she gives you an attitude speak to the manager.
  16. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

That's false. I've complained to Verizon a couple of times regarding separate issues that I was having. In both cases I was satisfied with the outcome. One of the times I sent them a "bill" (for all intents and purposes) for the time I spent in their store waiting to speak to a rep. They actually paid me! :icon_ banana:

Use the power of the pen ('er...keyboard)!
  17. Signum

Signum Member

what i meant by "nothing happens" is nothing happens to the employee you're complaining about, i didnt mean that the customer may or may not receive some sort of restitution.
  18. Signum

Signum Member

i can attest to this. wokring for VZW customer care, i cant emphasize enough how much being nice makes things soooo much easier. like the poster said, you might be pissed at the phone, but we're people too and its our job to help.

remember, being a jerk gets you what you're entitled to. being nice means you might get what you want =)
  19. Jamar

Jamar New Member

What happened to Verizon's customer service? I used to walk into my local store and someone would walk up to me immediately and do their best to help me, but my last few experiences have been very disappointing. Last week, I went in to inquire about an upgrade to the Incredible and waited for 15 minutes at the phones before realizing I was invisible without "signing in". I know the system is there for a reason, but when I see a group of reps standing not 10 feet from me, I'd assume one would ask if I needed any help seeing how that's what my previous experiences had been like.

The rep I ended up speaking to pissed me off a great deal too. She refused to tell me if I had an upgrade available (since I'm not the primary account holder)--and that I completely understand--but then tells me how much I can pay to cancel my line. How is that a good sales practice? What really got me going, though, was when I told her I was interested in the Incredible. Without knowing if my line was available for the contract price, I asked her what the full retail was. She replied with, "Honestly, you should wait a couple months. You don't want to be one of those guinea pigs."

I ended up politely telling her to nevermind my situation and went back the next day to speak with someone else who provided me with the answers to my questions. I don't know if Verizon's changed the way they operate sales or whatever, but I used to have a great experience every time I went to my local store. That doesn't happen anymore. I get better service over the phone.
  20. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I find this is not the normal operating procedure for them. VZW is customer oriented and based. I used to find a few employess here that weren't the friendliest. Now i find they have changed some staff. All is well in the store again