VZW Drops Bionic Price to $249

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
Yes, the first sales associate I talked to had no idea that there was a price reduction of the Bionic. He asked another sales person and he said yes it went into effect today, but they couldn't give me any credit. I asked to talk to a Manager and told him I just bought the phone two days ago and was upset about not being told to wait until today to buy the phone, and then he gave me a $30 credit towards next months bill.

Well, im glad that you were able to get the discount. The folks at the VZW I went to didn't know of the price drop either and it looked like there Was no manager available since the sales assosicate walked to the back room to talking on the phone.

I suspect they'll try to push the old price to uninformed customers...at least for the rest of today.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

serg

Reaction score
I got my bionic for$199.95. 3weeks ago. They'd match the radio shack price.(yes is hard to believe)...

powrful1

Reaction score
So I purchased online through VZ the Bionic and HD Dock. I had to pay $12.00 and applied the rest to my account to bill me later. Well imagine my surprise when my auto-payment took out the normal amount. I went to VZ online and account is paid-in-full and no charges phone/dock showing on the account which should be $300.

Anyone else order online, did it show up later, or did they screw up in my favor for once?

welsalex

Reaction score
If you bought your phone from verizon in the last 30 days they have a policy that they will take the 50 dollars off for the bionic

welsalex

Reaction score
Sorry for double post. But all I did was call star 611 and said that I was disappointed and they said okay they will take the 50 bucks off cuz its policy

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I bought mine 6 days ago. I called *611 and asked to speak to a representative. I nicely explained that I had just purchased my Bionic over this past weekend and noticed the price had dropped today. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes then returned telling me that a $50 credit was added to my account!
icon_%20banana.gif

neo97

Reaction score
Droid Bionic at 149.99

Walmart had the Bionic on their website at 149.99 and Best Buy matched the price in the Best Buy Mobile store at our Mall. You might want to check to see if Walmart still has that price before you buy.

faust0230

Reaction score
Bought mine 25 days ago...called 611...was aggressive and not only got $50 credit but i also got $35 activation waived and got $10 off a month on my data plan for next year....sweet! !!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
I bought mine 6 days ago. I called *611 and asked to speak to a representative. I nicely explained that I had just purchased my Bionic over this past weekend and noticed the price had dropped today. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes then returned telling me that a $50 credit was added to my account!
icon_%20banana.gif

Me too! Thanks for the tip!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

welsalex

Reaction score
Bought mine 25 days ago...called 611...was aggressive and not only got $50 credit but i also got $35 activation waived and got $10 off a month on my data plan for next year....sweet! !!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Damn. I knew i let up on the angst to early when I was getting my 50 dollars

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I just called and got a $30 credit. I've had mine for almost a month. Thanks all for the tip.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
VZW Drops Bionic Price to $249.00

Hi DroidAxiom,We do have a price protection program that allows you to be credited if the price of your device goes down within 14 days of purchase. You must have the original receipt or order confirmation showing the price charged and the payment method used. If the device was billed to your account, this information can be seen on your bill. I hope this helps out. Thanks!^CBVZW SupportFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

VZWSupport

Reaction score
May I ask if your purchased the Droid Bionic in a Verizon Wireless corporate store? If so, we can issue a price adjustment within 14 days of purchase. If it was done in store, go in there with the receipt. If you had the order shipped to you, give us a call at 800.922.0204 in order to request the price adjustment.Tamara H.VZW SupportFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

DroidAxiom

Reaction score
I purchased my bionic from a place called

A Wireless Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer

I tried calling 611 and discovered that they could not even access the purchase on my records.

Apparently, they are just an authorized seller of Verizon products and so the person on the phone could not help. Something about them following their own business practices and they may or may not choose to follow verizons 14 day price policy.

Now, im usually wary of places like these but this was a brick and mortar store where everything Verizon Was plastered on the walls along with all the sales people wearing Verizon logo shirts.

I suppose it was naive of me to assume this was the official store, but im surprised that Verizon would allow something like this to exist. Until now, I've been happy with verizons service, but leave it to one of your authorized sellers to leave a sour taste in my mouth.