VZW DRinc2 Update on Monday the 11th!!!

wyatta4

Reaction score
Root is pretty cool don't get me wrong. But why mess with a good thing, the stock Inc2 is sweet. Let's just hope the OTA update isn't buggy. I worry about HTC after the Thunderbolt incident. It should be ok though. Plus maybe someone will find an exploit in Gingerbread that allows us to root anyways later if we want.

Using wireless tether to use the data you already pay for, using setcpu to underclock when the screen is off and get even better battery life, flashing a sense 3.0 Rom, using cwm and titanium backup to backup your phone, blocking annoying ads that track your location without telling you, could list more.

Carelessly swyped on my phone so there may be some weird typos

Is it possible to also get skype video chat or any sort of video chat with a pc by rooting?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root is pretty cool don't get me wrong. But why mess with a good thing, the stock Inc2 is sweet. Let's just hope the OTA update isn't buggy. I worry about HTC after the Thunderbolt incident. It should be ok though. Plus maybe someone will find an exploit in Gingerbread that allows us to root anyways later if we want.

Using wireless tether to use the data you already pay for, using setcpu to underclock when the screen is off and get even better battery life, flashing a sense 3.0 Rom, using cwm and titanium backup to backup your phone, blocking annoying ads that track your location without telling you, could list more.

Carelessly swyped on my phone so there may be some weird typos

I am very familiar with root. Like I said I have had 3 rooted devices. I just don't see a need for me personally to mod this phone at the time. My battery is awesome. Stock is super fast. Memory management is fine. No need to backup if one is not flashing roms. I do miss ad blocker and hate bloatware, but they are not causing me any problems at the moment. When I am rooted I usually flash stock roms anyways.

No doubt rooting has benefits, I was just saying if one is happy with their phone no reason to tinker with it. This is one of the few phones that Verizon has that actually works pretty flawlessly out of box. Unlike a blur device, 4G device, or Bing device.

sent from my inc2

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Still nothing. What a disappointment. Lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Rokin

Reaction score
Check now, many people are able to receive the update now.

Reaction score
I'm downloading now, just hit the software update and it was there...they did not notify me like I thought they would :icon_ banana:

Rokin

Reaction score
Just a heads up, it has to download over 3g. WiFi will not work.

nikecar

Reaction score
be interesting to see how it works for those that aren't going to root it.

joemustang

Reaction score
I got the update! But I think I wanna root when a tutorial video is available

nikecar

Reaction score
I see it but will wait for early adopters. I don't think I will root this phone. I have no backup in case I screw it up

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums