VZW Customers, Get Your Email Widget Back

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Ok, I've been trying to use the SecEmail files from sprint and AT&T to replace vzw's ones and can not make it work. However, Drakkula4 over on XDA was nice enough to help me get the ICS email and widgets working, so I'm pretty content. Here's what you need to do:

1. Root phone and get root explorer (or other root browser)

2. Navigate to system/app folder and switch over to read/write mode. Change the extensions on the SecEmail and SecExchange files (4 total) to disable them, but not delete them forever. For example, change SecEmail.apk to SecEmail.ap. If you ever want to restore it, just add the k to apk later. Do this for the 2 apk and 2 odex files there.

3. Download the 2 ICS email apks I've attached. You need to put them in the data/apps folder.
Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

4. Turn the phone all the way off. Reboot into recovery by holding down home and volume up and the holding down power until the logo pops up. Clear the cache and reboot.

5. Go to your widgets section in the app drawer and enjoy the good ol' fashioned email widget you grew up with.

rln2

Reaction score
Thanks for the info-I'm brand new to rooting. I'm not sure how to clear the cache without causing a problem.
The widget is there but says that I have no email accounts registered.
Do I have to reset the email accounts?