VZW Call Center Rep Confirms 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScienceSoma

Reaction score
I just spoke with the call center to inquire whether I should pre-order from Wirefly or if they can give me a date. The rep said she saw an official date pop into the system, but was not sure if she was allowed to tell me or not yet. After being on hold while she checked with her manager, she confirmed the 17th as the launch date for all outlets online and in stores.

I apologize if someone else already put this down, but the one constant I have had the entire 2.5 months since CES is that the call center reps know nothing. Seems as official as it can without a press release.

Finally.

Last edited:

brandon9559

Reaction score
aefc93af-93d9-e80b.jpg

Screen of my work cpu

OP
S

ScienceSoma

Reaction score
Yes, that is the screen she read to me. As I said, not a release announcement, but if their call center reps are authorized, that's as official as I need. They seem to always be the last to know. Thank you for posting that, Brandon!

brandon9559

Reaction score
Its as official as I've seen so far as well. First time I as an employee have seen anything in writing other than an email that said it was being pushed back to March.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
Its as official as I've seen so far as well. First time I as an employee have seen anything in writing other than an email that said it was being pushed back to March.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

do you know when we can pre-order from verizon? I always use this option since they will add it to my bill

OP
S

ScienceSoma

Reaction score
I asked about a pre-order also, but no info was available. If you could find our Brandon, you would be a god amongst men!*

*"God amongst men" status may only last between 30s - 5m. :)

OP
S

ScienceSoma

Reaction score
countdown till this thread gets locked has begun

You're probably right, but this is not pure speculation. This is VZW's main communication source for the public confirming the date. If I didn't think that was solid enough evidence, I would not have bothered to post. However, there are surely mods who would disagree with me.

Sleeve

Reaction score
I think it's even more official now that the thread has been open for over an hour. The mods believe it. Either that, or they're having another release thread poster for dinner.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Everyone was asked NOT to open any threads discussing release dates until there was a statement from Verizon. There has been no such release therefore this thread is closed. If you want to discuss all aspects of the TB WITHOUT RELEASE DATE go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...l-discussion-not-release-date-discussion.html

There is also this thread that does discuss the anticipated/rumored release date: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/111357-htc-thunderbolt-release-date.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.