VZ Navigator....why if we have google maps

krustybaguette

Reaction score
Try going to settings/applications/manage applications/all then scroll down to and tap on vz navigator. See if you can tap "Clear Defaults" or if it says "no defaults set"

Thanks for that AZD. On my new Galaxy SIII I found Settings/Application Manager/tab to All/VZNavigator Option was "Disable". After that I checked a random contact and the familiar blue Google Navigation icon had replaced the VZN one. I hope this will work for other VZ crapware, at least until someone figures out how to root this device and install custom ROM.

kb

krustybaguette

Reaction score
Well glad you found a way, I so wish they would release another plain vanilla Android phone like the original Droid, but if they can add bloatware and snag extra money from folks they will...it's all about the $$$ not the customer!

Just switched to Verizon from T-Mobile where my rooted G2 was running ICS and NO bloatware. I had tried JB but the free T-Mo wifi calling app wasn't included in the JB ROM, and ICS was a huge leap up from T-Mo's Gingerbread. I like the big screen of the new phone, but I'd have stayed with T-Mo except for "family opposition." :angry: