VZ Navigator Version X

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If you think the Google Maps navigation on your Droid is just too boring, Verizon has its own turn-by-turn software that adds 3D, yes, 3D, maps. The 3D maps are currently supported in only six cities--Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, and Kansas City, Mo.--but more cities will be added later on. Aside from 3D renderings of cities as you drive around, the app also includes important information like highway and exit signs.
Verizon is offering the new VZ Navigator VX software for the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Droid Incredible, and the Samsung Fascinate. It's not free, though--it's either $9.99 a month, $4.99 a week, or $2.99 for one 24-hour day. However, Verizon claims the monthly charge buys you continuous map updates.

Source: Verizon introduces VZ Navigator Version X, with 3D maps | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll stick with Google, because it's free.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

georgek

Reaction score
I don't see why anyone would pay for this when you can get navigation for free.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'll stick with Google, because it's free.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
thats what i said. i mean this is just another bloatware were gonna have on our phones...why bother pushing it to us verizon if we already have FREE NAVIGATION by google and im 99.9% sure no one is gonna buy this