Vvm app working?

sh4ne

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get the visual voicemail app working on their x? I know its a blur app, but i tried installing the market app and it tells me that i can't use that one because my phone already comes with it. That's probably the only issue with Cm7 that i can't stand. All the other stuff is manageable for me. Thanks gents

DThomp

Reaction score
Yeah I got it working. Bad news is I can't remember where I got it from. Give me a few and I'll upload it.

Here you go. I am not sure if this is a flashable zip, but I just extracted and used astro to install the app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
S

sh4ne

Reaction score
Yeah I get the same error. The app itself installs fine but when I go to listen to a voicemail I get "voicemail did not download properly"

DThomp

Reaction score
That's strange, it works fine for me.

OP
S

sh4ne

Reaction score
Hm. What nightly are you running? I'm on #16 myself.

DThomp

Reaction score
I must be on 14. Whichever one was 6-29.

OP
S

sh4ne

Reaction score
That's really weird...I just updated to the newest build and tried reinstalling the vvm app and it still failed to download the voicemail. I did pretty much everything i could do wiping wise, factory reset, cache partition, system, data, cache, etc. No clue what the issue is for me.

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's really weird...I just updated to the newest build and tried reinstalling the vvm app and it still failed to download the voicemail. I did pretty much everything i could do wiping wise, factory reset, cache partition, system, data, cache, etc. No clue what the issue is for me.

I am on Nightly #76 and it still isn't fixed.

This might be a deal breaker for me. Paying for Visual voicemail and this ROM cannot use it? Between that and the camera button not working, not sure how long I will keep CM7.