VPN Problems Moto Droid

deathcipris

Reaction score
Owned my Droid for quite a long time and I love it. However, recently my CA that handles the Certificates for IPSEC changed over from Server 2003 to Server 2008 and in doing so, there was an entirely new set of certs generated for the network. I proceeded to use the same methods I did last time time to import and load my cert on the phone for IPSEC connections and the phone took the cert just fine. However when I go to connect to the VPN, it just sits there. I have confirmed the data is making it through to the server and the only thing changed was the certificate itself. We went from an old RSA signature for the cert to a new SHA384 signature. Is this the reason I can't connect? Any help would be appreciated.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Wish I could help, but I know nothing about VPN's. Figured I'd keep the thread bumped to the top so someone who does know will see it.

OP
D

deathcipris

Reaction score
Well, I resolved the issue. Unfortunately, the only way I was able to do so was reinstall the CA and use an older 2048-bit RSA SHA-1 signature for the root CA, then rerun all the processes involved with a new CA including transferring over the root CA cert to the Droid. Apparently, the Droid has issues understanding SHA-384 cert sigs. I hope this information helps others with the same issue!

:D