1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

VPN Connections not working in Froyo

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by zerohorn, Jul 8, 2010.

1. zerohorn

zerohorn New Member

I am running BB 0.3 on my Droid. I'm going to be upgrading to 0.4 soon. I'm trying to get the "VPN Connections" app to work. When I launch VPN Connections I get a force close. I have downloaded the most recent version 0.99 from get-a-robot-vpnc - Project Hosting on Google Code. I searched around on these forums and Google and it looks like there are a lot of people having issue getting VPN connections to work in any version of Froyo. I am wondering if any Bugless Beast users (or any Froyo users for that matter) have had any luck getting VPN Connections working. I need to use VPN Connections rather than the built in VPN because we use a Cisco IPSEC VPN which requires a group name and the stock app does not support this.
  2. RichStevenson

RichStevenson New Member

I'm running VPN Connections on Chevyno1's Simply Stunning 4.3 rom. When he initially released his FroYo version, I couldn't get it to work either. But downloading/installing the tun module from his forum and it's been working great and has been since his 4.0 release. Maybe head over there there and grab the tun.ko module from him and giv it a shot on BB?
  3. zerohorn

zerohorn New Member

Thanks. I'll look into that and give it a try. I'll post back with my results for everyone.
  4. Davest

Davest New Member

Did you have any luck with this? I'm having the same problem.
  5. zerohorn

zerohorn New Member

I ended up giving up on this. I have tried several different ROMs with various kernels and have yet to find a simple solution to this problem. The only working solution I came up with required a terminal command to be executed after each phone reboot. It was more hassle than it was worth for me.

If you want to keep trying to get it to work, I had the best luck with the UltimateDroid ROM. The key is getting a kernel that contains the tun.ko module.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope this information helps guide you in the right direction if you are going to try and get it working.
  6. glynch

glynch New Member

I have had this problem on several rom's recently. It's not just the kernel, the tun.ko module needs to be in the /system/lib/modules directory. If you check chevy's rom, the file exists. Using root explorer, move the attached tun.ko to the /system/lib/modules directory and reboot.

I now just keep the file on my sdcard for when I switch rom's.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
Search tags for this page
android froyo vpn group name

froyo vpn

vpn android froyo
vpn connections v 0.99 setting for htc explorer