Vortex reloaded (VXR)

leftspin

Reaction score
Keeping it plugged in while you're in CWM installing the ROM doesn't do anything because the phone won't charge in recovery or bootloader, but you've got the right idea.

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
Keeping it plugged in while you're in CWM installing the ROM doesn't do anything because the phone won't charge in recovery or bootloader, but you've got the right idea.

Yeah after it gets to 100% i just keep it plugged in the whole time going from one rom to another and just stay plugged in while im restoring everything on the new rom and once im done i unplug it and its always at 100% at that point .

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

runner4life

Reaction score
I ran vortex for a good 3-4 months I think. In the end, when attaching pictures to MMS could no longer read text and would require a reboot to fix. Gtalk always worked fine though. Aside from that never had many issues and as mentioned here, it has spectacular battery performance. I will definitely keep this rom on my radar but I'm too in love with SteelDroid right now to try anything else!! <3

leftspin

Reaction score
I ran vortex for a good 3-4 months I think. In the end, when attaching pictures to MMS could no longer read text and would require a reboot to fix. Gtalk always worked fine though. Aside from that never had many issues and as mentioned here, it has spectacular battery performance. I will definitely keep this rom on my radar but I'm too in love with SteelDroid right now to try anything else!! <3

A data wipe or reinstall probably would have fixed that, although I guess that really doesn't matter now haha. The only issue I ever had with VorteX was that the stock theme was hideous. Steel Droid is (IMO) the best GB ROM available for the Droid X

shaggykid

Reaction score
A data wipe or reinstall probably would have fixed that, although I guess that really doesn't matter now haha. The only issue I ever had with VorteX was that the stock theme was hideous. Steel Droid is (IMO) the best GB ROM available for the Droid X

I flashed the ICish vortex theme but not too fond of bright colors so I doubled it with a go launcher dark steel theme. Made for a very sleeking looking theme :)

WARXD

Reaction score
is the amazing rom is too stable, good camera, and the theme for the ics is really pretty :3
:D the speed and battery is good...

OP
Savagerun

Savagerun

Reaction score
is the amazing rom is too stable, good camera, and the theme for the ics is really pretty :3
:D the speed and battery is good...

Yes very stable. Slothly is working on another rom right now, its a mixture of Liberty and VXR so that (hybrid) rom should be interesting to see plus a couple theme choices.

leftspin

Reaction score
Savagerun said:
Yes very stable. Slothly is working on another rom right now, its a mixture of Liberty and VXR so that (hybrid) rom should be interesting to see plus a couple theme choices.

Hybrid of liberty and vxr? I think I'm gonna have to dust off the old DX and flash that when it gets released

SlothlyDX

Reaction score
It has been released. Head over to rootzwiki and check it out. I will try and post it here when I get a chance.

You can't gain anything if you don't venture out into the unknown.